spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DannyYin

@rr.com

EZpass-NY-fee

I applied the ezpass online via e-zpassny.com and received it. On the pass it prints "Propriety of Port of authority of NYNJ", does that mean I have to pay the $1 fee every month? I thought apply it online then it is NY tag as opposed to apply at ezpassnj.com

Has anyone recently applied ezpass or applied ezpass through ny site and was issued by other agency like MTA? What is the word on your ezpass then? Is something like this "Propriety of MTA"?

How/where to get a pass that is fee-free?

Thanks

Irun Man
Spartan up
Premium
join:2002-10-18
Walden, NY

are you a New York resident?

If your address is in New Jersey and you got your E-ZPass online, you're stuck with a PANYNJ tag. New Port accounts are serviced by the CSC (customer service center) for New Jersey agencies and incur the $1.00 monthly fee.

If that's the case and you want an MTA or NYS Thruway tag, I suggest you (a) CLOSE the account you just opened and (b) drive into New York State and buy an E-ZPass On The Go tag. Once you have one you can successfully register the tag with the New York CSC at e-zpassny.com.
--
You'll know at the finish line.

DannyYin

@rr.com
I had a NY Queens address when registered. I guess they decide which agency issue the tag.

If I cancel the tag, will I be charged $1 anyway for the 1st day(month) without even using it the first time?

Thanks!

Irun Man
Spartan up
Premium
join:2002-10-18
Walden, NY

4 edits
I don't have T&C handy, however I believe any charges like that should be refundable as long as you cancel the account within 30 days of opening AND request a credit should any charges post to the account.

EDIT: That monthly fee is agency specific, I believe even MTA is charging that now T&C indicates the $1 monthly account service fee is a PANYNJ specific item. You want a NYS Thruway or MTAB&T tag to dodge the monthly account fee to be certain:

»www.e-zpassny.com/en/about/terms_ind.shtml

A Queens resident should have been issued an MTA tag, IMHO. Another option would be to call the CSC, tell them you want the TBTA "pay per trip" option which debits your checking account each time a toll is charged. That might be good enough for them to ship you an MTA tag and take the PA tag back.
--
You'll know at the finish line.

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
kudos:2
reply to DannyYin

Re: EZpass-NY-fee

No $1 fee here. I refill the tag online when I expect to take a bridge to get somewhere.

I shouldn't have to pay for the convenience. Fux them.

NYCDrew

join:2000-03-17
Queens Village, NY
I don't have a fee either. I know MTA tried to institute one, but it was voted down.
--
Get started in E-Commerce