Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

and..

[LA] Internet downlast night

For 2 hours it was down. Performance was really good after it came back. I was hoping they were doing speed upgrades but that didn't happen.

and..
It went down in South Kenner (70062) just a few minutes past midnight. I too was hoping for the long awaited speed increase but that was just wishful thinking. I had to rely on wifi tethered T-Mobile to get my fix during the outage, which ironically is sometimes faster and more stable than my fixed cable connection from Cox.

and..
I watched "Revenge of the Sith". Yeah I'm a nerd.

SlashG42

join:2002-02-13
Metairie, LA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·AT&T Southeast
Good chance they switched on upstream channel bonding or enabled more downstream channels.

When they did that quick outage here in 70002 last week, it went from 4/1 channel bonding to 8/3. Speeds stayed pretty much the same though, with a small bump in upload.

Bet they are deploying bonding expansion before speed increases.

blakej06

join:2006-08-23
reply to JeffinNOLA
Cox is down tonight on westbank since around midnight (on att dsl).

and..

1 edit
it is back online with upstream channel bonding but my speeds are cut in half and it isnt bonding 8 channels my old 3010 shows 8 downstream and 3 upstreams but the 6141 shows just 4x3

Edit >> one of the cox techs helped me update the firmware i am now bonding 8x3 on the westbank,speeds still the same.

JeffinNOLA

@cox.net
reply to JeffinNOLA
Only 1 channel of 4 here in Kenner. Network performance is great though.

Upstream Bonding Channel Value
Channel ID 4
Frequency 34450000 Hz
Ranging Service ID 3930
Symbol Rate 2.560 Msym/sec
Power Level 39 dBmV
Upstream Modulation [3] QPSK
[2] 16QAM
[3] 64QAM

Ranging Status Success

kv2009

join:2009-09-14
Kenner, LA
reply to JeffinNOLA
I've noticed the "Ranging Service ID" has changed for each frequency. I don't know what kind of significance that has tied to it though.

I too had an outage, and still no upstream bonding.

blakej06

join:2006-08-23
Click for full size
8 x 3 on the westbank they changed the freq on the upload channels when they started bonding and added 4 new downstream channels

JeffinNOLA

@cox.net
reply to JeffinNOLA
Last October I had no upload speed at all. They said it was something at the plant and it was fixed. What could have caused that? No frequency or power change was observed. I did have a few T4 and CMTS errors on my log at the time.

and..
reply to kv2009

That number is higher than before.

and..
reply to JeffinNOLA
as of today bonding 8down 3up in gretna la 70053