spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

OldCoalMiner

join:2004-05-20

1 edit

Is this possible with the Netgear Prosafe VPN Client?

Route all internet traffic through the VPN tunnel? Form a windows client to a FVS318N router?

I searched on the netgear forums and get mixed (unclear) answers. On top of which the people who reply there never stop referring to "case studies" with images of software screens that do not match the current version of the VPN client.

breto

join:2013-03-12
Lake Zurich, IL

I know it was possible (I was doing it) but on an earlier version of the FVS318N firmware, I cannot confirm for you it is still an option today. Realize I replaced this router with a ZyWALL USG20W (which can also do the all-encompassing VPN tunnel that you want) because at the time the FVS318N was having a major problem with dropping DNS requests are random, leading to Internet appearing down (even though it wasn't) and even if DNS proxy was disabled. Netgear admitted to a problem with the firmware after 2 months of back and fourth trying beta firmware, and eventually sent me a FVS336Gv2 as a replacement (which I implemented elsewhere as it does not have wireless built-in)

Hope this helps with your decision.