spc
uniqs

BigBearsFan
join:2009-08-01
Galesburg, IL

BigBearsFan to Joe12345678

to Joe12345678

Re: Comcast HD Positioning

Comcast has the provision to watch in HD.You just push the ok button and it goes to the HD channel.It is a nice feature it's just not automatic like Cypher 's provider.

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut
join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

FifthE1ement

said by BigBearsFan:

Comcast has the provision to watch in HD.You just push the ok button and it goes to the HD channel.It is a nice feature it's just not automatic like Cypher 's provider.

Yes but marioD if Comcast bothered to make it work correctly then maybe I would agree with you. About 50% of the time the HD button never appears even for HD shows. All the time I notice the channels my family are watching like Judge Judy, and many bravo channel shows and tons others don't show the HD button. But when I switch to the HD channel manually they are in HD. So unless Comcast fixes that or does what cypher (which should be done if they want to win in the picture quality customer service surveys) says they need to do one or the other. EG: Right now in my area channel HGTV (61) I have on the SD version but there is no HD button. But when I manually turn to the HD channel version of HGTV (415) there it is in beautiful crystal clear HD! Just going up my channel list I found over 10 examples of this on just channels 1-100 and it's inexcusable. And this happens all the time.

Edit: And mariod they need to do something as they are ranked always one of the worst companies in America. So blocking Roku and Samsung HBO Go and inferior guide OS's are having an effect on their bottom line and consumer opinions.

5th

THZNDUP
Deorum Offensa Diis Curae
Premium Member
join:2003-09-18
Lard

THZNDUP

Premium Member

I'm assuming that your HGTV feeds are both east coast.

The SD feed here is west coast and the HD feed is the east coast feed (3hrs ahead). So I never get the 'Watch in HD' choice because it happened on the HD channel three hours ago. It seems that the moon and guide come into alignment tonight at 9PM and both feeds get into sync for a while both by show and episode. Until midnight then they are out of sync again. Have to remember to double check.

Also only about half the programs on HGTV-HD are labeled as being in HD in the guide.

There are a couple other SD-HD channel pairs that work kinda odd but not to any great distress. Most everything here works like it should, ie: the 'Watch in HD' button shows up for the matched pairs.