spc
Search similar:

uniqs

DanG1974
join:2005-06-26
Saint Petersburg, FL

DanG1974

[Tampa] NBC Sports Network Extra

NBCSN announced their plans for their newly acquired English Premier League rights this August.
All matches will be televised live and on delay, but those cable companies that have NBC Sports Network Extra will be able to stream every single match. According to NBCSN's press release, BH was not mentioned as one of the companies that offer the Extra package. Also, NBCSN seems to offer overflow channels for when they have too much programming to handle on their regular networks. I was hoping BH could add these as well, if they don't already.
We're 4 months away before the next season starts, so I hope BH can have all these things in place for us soccer fans.

GeNomer
join:2013-01-21
Indianapolis, IN

GeNomer

Also hopefully they will have those Premier League extra time channels as well. I have a feeling my Fulham won't be on the main NBC channels all that often...

DanG1974
Saint Petersburg, FL

DanG1974

Gary, is there anything customers can do to request these two packages?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to DanG1974

Premium Member

to DanG1974
You just did...
realjd
join:2012-01-10
Palm Bay, FL

realjd

I'd also like to request it. Fall Saturdays for me are Premier League in the morning and college FB in the afternoon.

Thanks!
Art Deco
join:2011-04-27

Art Deco to DanG1974

to DanG1974
Here's another request for it - would be nice to have it now as NBC is streaming the NHL playoffs on it.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to DanG1974

Premium Member

to DanG1974
Please put product requests here »If you could add a product, feature or make a change....

DanG1974
Saint Petersburg, FL

DanG1974

Any update on this?

I read something interesting on epltalk.com that seriously has me considering dropping BH come August.
With less than 90 days to go before NBC Sports begins televising the Premier League on US television, the number of TV providers who will be providing access to every single Premier League match next season still only numbers five. They are Comcast xFinity TV, DISH Network, Verizon FIOS, Suddenlink and Cablevision — all of whom will be providing access to NBC Sports Live Extra as well as NBC Sports Network, etc.
What is NBC Sports Live Extra?
NBC Sports Group is offering NBC Sports Live Extra to all TV providers at no extra charge, but TV providers have to agree to a deal with NBC Sports in order to provide the service to their customers. Once you have access to NBC Sports Live Extra (through an authenticated login), you’ll be able to access every single game via streaming through the NBC Sports Live Extra app (available on the web, tablet and mobile devices).

What is Premier League Extra Time?
Premier League Extra Time are the overflow channels that TV providers will make available to show telecasts of live matches. So if a 10am ET Saturday match is being shown live on NBC Sports Network but there are other matches being played at the same time, NBC Sports will show the other games live on TV on the overflow channels (Premier League Extra Time).
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to DanG1974

Premium Member

to DanG1974
I will announce if and when things change from current.

DanG1974
Saint Petersburg, FL

DanG1974

If Time Warner has no intentions of adding these channels, it probably doesn't bode well for Bright House then, right?

This article states that TW will not be adding NBCSN's overflow channels.

»worldsoccertalk.com/2013 ··· -action/

I have been with BH for many happy years, but if the content I want is not available to me, I have no choice but to go where the desired content is. Thankfully I live in an area where BH isn't the sole provider.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to DanG1974

Premium Member

to DanG1974
Dan I can't say at this point but programming is one of those things we do our best on...do we meet every single channel demand...no...we hate to see you go but certainly understand how you feel.
Nayan3
join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL

Nayan3 to DanG1974

to DanG1974
Dan, you never know. I came thisclose to leaving because they didn't carry NFL Network and Redzone. I waited patiently, begged, pleaded and even started a blog/petition page. Last year it really looked as if we weren't gonna get it and I was ready to switch. I didn't really want to but I felt that I would have to in order to get what I wanted. Then a miracle happened and it was announced that they made a deal. Don't give up just yet! There's still time left before jumping ship and anything can happen.

GeNomer
Indianapolis, IN

GeNomer to DanG1974

to DanG1974
Well, I won't be leaving because the competition in my area, U-Verse, also doesn't have it. Still, I would really love to see these added.
HDOrlando
join:2011-11-30

HDOrlando to DanG1974

to DanG1974
GeNomer,

Bright House has the best HD Lineup in the Country and that is a proven fact.

I feel they will eventually get these channels so hang in there.

darkazure
@bhn.net

darkazure

Anon

Well seeing that it took brighthouse only about 4 years to get the ESPN app on the Xbox I would assume it would be similar to the EPL deal. Right now I'm looking at Dish or AT&T U-verse seeing they are my only choice in Orlando. Sad that "My friend" brighthouse isn't subscribing to something that the other cable companies accepted. Come August if they do not have something in place I'm switching. It will probably be a few extra bucks but Soccer is pretty much all I watch so it's totally worth it.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to HDOrlando

Premium Member

to HDOrlando
said by HDOrlando:

GeNomer,

Bright House has the best HD Lineup in the Country and that is a proven fact.

You are correct HD.
realjd
Palm Bay, FL

realjd to DanG1974

to DanG1974
Please count me as another customer who is extremely disappointed that BH isn't carrying the new NBC Sports Extra. Isn't it being offered free to cable companies?
Nayan3
Melbourne, FL

1 recommendation

Nayan3

(spews coffee)

Free?!?

(laughs hysterically)
realjd
Palm Bay, FL

realjd

Hey, I'm just repeating what I've read on soccer blogs. If it were that simple TWC and by extension BHN would have agreed to carry it already. Or not. Who knows how the minds of the TWC executives work (or don't!).
Nayan3
Melbourne, FL

Nayan3

I'd like to have it too and I'd love to see a deal reached, but sadly niche channels like this usually come with a not-so-pretty price tag.
Berniefl34
join:2013-06-12

Berniefl34

Only 3 weeks left before the start of the EPL season
stevo2
join:2013-07-29
Winter Garden, FL

stevo2 to DanG1974

to DanG1974
It seems I am late to the discussion.

I only today saw NBC's Barclay's Premier League schedule and realized that BHN is not currently offering Premier League Extra Time or NBC Sports Live Extra to their services. I have already called my local BHN to request Premier League Extra Time and NBC Sports Live Extra.

BHNtechXpert, I have taken your advice and posted in the 'If you could add a product, feature or make a change....' thread. I may be naive, but you seem to genuinely want hear what your customers would change about your services, without trying to just tell us what we want to hear. I appreciate that someone is listening. Even if this issue is beyond your control, you continue to post in this thread instead of dodging the issue.

I have been a BHN customer in Orlando since 2000 (Time Warner Cable back then) and a Liverpool FC supporter since 2002.

Back then the only place to watch the Barclay's Premier League was Fox Sports World. We only had access to a few matches per week, so it was a bonus when you had the chance to watch the club you supported. I even subscribed to a premium service (for a hefty fee) that allowed me to watch the Sunday 11:00 AM EST match each week. Even though I had a subscription to this service and had paid my subscription in advance, the channel that was set up for this premium service often malfunctioned and I would spend most of the match on the phone trying to get the match that I had already paid for to display properly.

Fast forward to the present. Fox Sports World has become Fox Soccer Channel, and along with Fox Soccer Plus I have come to expect that I will get a chance to watch my club play each week, even if I have to watch tape delayed.

Now that NBC has won the rights to broadcast BPL matches, I run the risk of not being able to see the club I support play each week. I know that other sports have viewing restrictions (blackout restrictions, local programming, etc.), but I have come to expect that I will be able to see my club play their league matches each week. So far, BHN has not committed to offering the services that would ensure that 100% of BPL matches could not only be watched, but watched live. Dish Networks has already committed to these services, and that has definitely turned my head.

I have never subscribed to any kind of satellite programming, but I have been a victim of its reliability. I almost missed the 2007 Champion's League Final between Liverpool FC and AC Milan because of a South Florida thunderstorm while staying at my parent's house. As a Liverpool fan that would have been devastating, even if we didn't lift the cup. I don't look forward to satellite programming, but I am preparing myself for the eventuality that I will have to leave Bright House if they cannot offer me complete BPL programming.

BHNtechXpert be straight with us, is there anything new on this? Is there any chance of an arrangement being made before the league begins on Aug 17? Give me a reason to stay, because I would leave BHN if nothing was being done to address this issue. I have seen BHN steadily improve its programming and services and do not look forward to changing to satellite programming, but this issue would definitely force my hand. According to the schedule that NBC published I will be able to watch Liverpool FC play on their regular networks for their first four matches. That means I need to have made arrangements for Liverpool FC's match scheduled Saturday, September 21.

BHNtechXpert please don't take this personally, as I said before I am glad that at least one person is listening. I know you said you would update this thread whenever you had something new to report, but I need to know if anything is being done at all. If nothing is being done, I need to make arrangements for a satellite dish to be installed on my house. I need to make that decision by Sept 10 at the latest.

GeNomer
Indianapolis, IN

1 edit

GeNomer

Well LFC is a pretty big club and they have a good following in the US so I bet a lot of their games will get played on the NBC Sports main channel. Maybe not when they play someone boring like Norwich or Stoke or my Fulham though, lol. Still, would be very awesome if this could be added to the lineup. Can't have the Liverpool fan walking alone.
stevo2
Winter Garden, FL

stevo2

said by GeNomer:

Well LFC is a pretty big club and they have a good following in the US so I bet a lot of their games will get played on the NBC Sports main channel. Maybe not when they play someone boring like Norwich or Stoke or my Fulham though, lol. Still, would be very awesome if this could be added to the lineup. Can't have the Liverpool fan walking alone.

As I said in my previous post, I have already confirmed that Liverpool's first four matches are on NBC's main networks, so I have a little more time to make a decision before I need to switch. I don't think you are so lucky following Fulham.

I understand that these deals take time. I would even understand if BHN decides not to offer this service, because lets face it, as popular as the BPL is the US, soccer is not as popular as it is world-wide.

This may be the most important programming to me, but the average BHN customer will probably never watch it. I accept that I am in the minority in terms of BHN customers. What I won't accept is that another television provider that I have access to is showing a Liverpool match that I don't have access to because I am a BHN customer.

I just need to know one way or another if BHN plans on offering this service so that I have enough time to switch providers without missing any of Liverpool's matches.

Hopefully BHN can resolve this issue before the season starts so that everyone can watch their club play, regardless of who they support. And good luck GeNomer if Fulham end up with new owners. You don't quite appreciate stability until you no longer have it. Al Fayaed will at least have left you guys in pretty good shape financially. You might just ask him to take that Michael Jackson statue on his way out. Bad taste if you ask me.

Gooner37
@verizon.net

Gooner37

Anon

Not long before the big BH exodus begins....

United
@bhn.net

United

Anon

Looks like I have to go as we'll

darkazure
@bhn.net

darkazure

Anon

Where are you all jumping ship too? Just want to get opinions on where everyone is going? U-Verse, Dish, or Direct TV?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by darkazure :

Where are you all jumping ship too? Just want to get opinions on where everyone is going? U-Verse, Dish, or Direct TV?

Not the place for this....
BHNtechXpert

1 edit

BHNtechXpert to DanG1974

Premium Member

to DanG1974
Guys we have received your feedback. We have one of the largest sports offerings available and constantly strive to make new channels available for our customers as they become abvailable IF they add value. Anonynous posturing, threats to leave and plain and simple negagtive comments like I've seen above do nothing to improve the chances a channel will be added.

If you want this channel simply post here »If you could add a product, feature or make a change.... with your request AND the reason why. Take the time to register because I will only count registered votes (there's a reason behind that btw). Leave out the posturing and "if I don't get what I wants" etc because they do nothing to further your cause. What actually helps is the reasons why you think this channel adds value to our current offerings.
stevo2
Winter Garden, FL

stevo2

said by BHNtechXpert:

Guys we have received your feedback. We have one of the largest sports offerings available and constantly strive to make new channels available for our customers as they become abvailable IF they add value. Anonynous posturing, threats to leave and plain and simple negagtive comments like I've seen above do nothing to improve the chances a channel will be added.

If you want this channel simply post here »If you could add a product, feature or make a change.... with your request AND the reason why. Take the time to register because I will only count registered votes (there's a reason behind that btw). Leave out the posturing and "if I don't get what I wants" etc because they do nothing to further your cause. What actually helps is the reasons why you think this channel adds value to our current offerings.

I apologize if any of my posts have come across as being negative or threatening. This was not my intention, but from this point forward will choose my words more carefully. I have nothing but good things to say about BHN. Anytime I have ever had an issue (Bad modem, DVR malfunctioning), Customer Service has always resolved the issue quickly and to my satisfaction.

I have registered with this website and posted in the 'If you could add a product, feature or make a change....' thread as you suggested. I have also called BHN to request Premier League Extra Time and NBC Sports Live Extra. Let me know if there is anything else that I can do that I have not already done.

Above you mentioned that you would keep us informed of any updates related to adding Premier League Extra Time and NBC Sports Live Extra. I don't want to sound impatient but with the first game of the season on August 17, could you give us an update. Specifically, I am looking for:
1. Are BHN currently in discussions to add these services to their line-up?
2. If so, what is the stage of these discussions? By this I am asking if the probability of these services being added are before the start of the BPL season, possibly sometime into the season, or not at all possible this season. The BPL season runs from August 17 until the end of May.

I really don't want to put you on the spot, but there are many of us who are waiting on this time sensitive information. I check this thread multiple times a day for any updates, regardless of the outcome. If you don't have the information that I am looking for, could you please let me know who the appropriate person is to find out this information. I thank you in advance.