Cheaper then my 12mbps service

Just sayin'
openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2

Re: Cheaper then my 12mbps service

How much does your house/apartment cost in OK? How big is it? How much does your electricity cost? How much does your gas cost? How much does it cost you to go out to eat? Just askin'

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

said by openbox9:

How much does your house/apartment cost in OK? How big is it? How much does your electricity cost? How much does your gas cost? How much does it cost you to go out to eat? Just askin'

Too much, and completely and totally irrelevant. Red Herring argument FTW.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini
openbox9
Premium
Germany

It's not irrelevant at all. There are trade offs. These are just some of them. If you want extremely low cost broadband, you'll likely be paying more for something else, or paying higher taxes to prop up services. Everything has a cost, financial, or otherwise.

KrK
Premium
Tulsa, OK

It's a complete red herring argument to link unrelated variables and say they are trade offs. There is no argument that states that fast, affordable broadband means you have to accept negative living space or cramped housing. It's two unrelated variables.

It's like saying if you want FTTH you must live in a high crime area. There's simply no correlation to the two, one is not a tradeoff of the other.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini
openbox9
Premium
Germany

It's a trade off of two different societies with different costs, different landscapes, different beliefs, and different a lot of things. It is relevant. You can't just compare FTTH in a few blocks of downtown Tokyo to your HFC setup in Tulsa. The environments are not the same.

KrK
Premium
Tulsa, OK

... and none of which has to do with the size of the residence the customer is in, nor any of those things provide a meaningful reason as to why it's probable there but seemingly impossible here.
--
openbox9
Premium
Germany

It's not impossible in the US. Everyone knows that. It's just going to take time to get there. A lot of people realize that. The size of your house was used to generically speak about the economic factors of different environments. Economics factors are just financial. All of factors influence whether something is "a good deal". And the good deal tends to be relative to the individual doing the dealing. To me, living in a tiny apartment, with relatively high costs of living, in the most densely populated city on the plant, is not worth $54/mth for some gimmicky 2 Gbps connection to the Internet. Maybe it is to you. You are the only one that can answer that.
chickenla

join:2013-04-20
Mississauga, ON
cheaper than my 45mbps service...