spc
uniqs

ClericVA
@mileone.net

ClericVA to AnonMan

Anon

to AnonMan

Re: I am tired...

A blanket statement such as we all know means little, please provide the numbers for the total income and expenses from developement, production advertising and distribution of all television programming. Then throw in the research costs for the cable industry whether it is for the developement of past and future generations of cable boxes IE: Wireless Media Servers or the amount it has cost companies such as Verizon to develop FiOS and it will cost Google to roll out Google Fiber. Developing the hardware and software to ge us TV, Internet and phone through a beam of light was not cheap. Then let's fill the cable companies call centers (most of which are here in the US by the way) so that when your 70 year old mother, can not understand that she has no picture on her tv because the TV is on but the cable box is off, or because her TV is on the wrong input has someone to call 2 or 3 times a month instead of you. I am also pretty sure you have never tried to talk someone who is clueless how to program a remote control over the phone and naturally they don't have a cordless phone or a corded one in the same room as the tv. Then let's talk about the advertising that will pay for all of this. If all of these expenses were covered solely by that your Gator Aid would be $5 a bottle and Frosted flakes would be $10. Yes the cable companies make a lot of money but they are publicly traded and need to generate profits or people would not invest in them and there would be no new innovations. However if you can please provide the numbers to back your statement I will be more than happy to retract everything I just typed.
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

Chubbysumo

Hollywood and content owners and broadcaster like to use "creative accounting" to make it look like their productions are losing money(thus, they don't have to pay residuals to their actors), so any number you get will make it look like you are right, on the surface. Until you start digging and realize that CBS is more a conglomeration of thousands of smaller companies, and each up the chain charges the lower ones a "fee", with production sets and such being on the lowest of the chain, meaning that they get "fee"d out of any money they would have made on advertisements, thus, making it look like it lost money, while CBS continues to produce record profits(according to its stock price over the last 10 years).