Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx to djc6

Premium Member

to djc6

Re: SB6141 20$ OFF TODAY ONLY , White Color 4/16/13 - ONLY

said by djc6:

Do most customers just deal with double NAT?

No, we just disable the routing features. All you have to do is set "NAPT mode" to false in the 6580's config page and it effectively becomes a plain modem. It creates a true bridge, it's not like AT&T U-verse's DMZ+ feaure that "kind-of-sort-of" simulates bridging.
djc6
Premium Member
join:2007-11-28
Rocky River, OH
Motorola MB8600
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
Netgear Orbi

djc6

Premium Member

said by djrobx:

No, we just disable the routing features.

I don't consider the people on this forum your average user I don't think my neighbors are putting it into NAPT mode.

I also tried this myself; but it didn't seem to persist through power outages, extended service outages, etc.. I had to reset those settings a couple times which is annoying.
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym

Premium Member

said by djc6:

said by djrobx:

No, we just disable the routing features.

I don't consider the people on this forum your average user I don't think my neighbors are putting it into NAPT mode.

I also tried this myself; but it didn't seem to persist through power outages, extended service outages, etc.. I had to reset those settings a couple times which is annoying.

That hasn't been an issue here. And I've been using the SBG6580 for going on 3 years now.

The only issue it seems to have is after a reset the WiFi light comes on. WiFi is disabled. But the light is on. Have to enable then disable it to get it to go out.