uniqs

st89jebn
Premium Member
join:2009-07-22
Drexel Hill, PA

st89jebn

Premium Member

[Apps] Tapatalk

Do the DSLR forums work with the Tapatalk Android app? If not, then why? Thanks.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

Out of the box, tapatalk supports the following forum software:

»www.tapatalk.com/activat ··· talk.php

If DSLR wanted to support tapatalk, someone would have to develop the plugin with the tapatalk API.

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to st89jebn

MVM

to st89jebn
No and because

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar to st89jebn

Premium Member

to st89jebn
If this sites creators don't want to use the tapatalk api, why don't they create their own forum app like other forums have?

Satelliteguys, for example, have a really nice forum app even though they do also use tapatalk.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by juilinsandar:

If this sites creators don't want to use the tapatalk api, why don't they create their own forum app like other forums have?

I don't know. Have you tried asking Justin and/or the site admins?

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to juilinsandar

MVM

to juilinsandar
This site's software (I believe it encompasses ALL of the site, not just the discussion forums) is all custom-built by Justin (and others, I presume). Implementing the API for a mobile app may be next to impossible.

What about ForumRunner's API ? What about others ?

kcttocs
Yes...?
Premium Member
join:2002-03-07
Missouri

kcttocs to st89jebn

Premium Member

to st89jebn
I asked about this years ago, probably the first to ever bring it up and got the same run around. I don't cruz these forums near as much, because I hate having to pinch and zoom on my Iphone, But good news is I'll be getting my GS4 very soon. And well, I will still be stuck pinching and zooming, but at least with a big ole 5 inch screen it wont be so bad. I do think the admins need to get on the ball and innovate for a custom built app, but I am not holding my breath.