share rss forum feed

mustang50
Premium
join:2005-05-06
Roseville, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast

[HD] HD channels 1002-1900s

Comcast has just put the HDs in the 1000+ range here.
The channels are still in their old slots also.
Guess this is the start of the national channel lineup. Would be nice if it auto-tuned to the HD, but its a start.

Now I've got to remember a whole new set of numbers...lol
And set my Favs again.

This is on my new bill:

News from Comcast
Beginning April 2013, all 3-digit HD channels located between
138-999 will also be available on channels located between
1001-1999. To view your current settings using these
channels, you will need to change your Favorite Channel
Settings as well as review your Parental Controls and DVR
Recordings.

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
Reviews:
·Comcast
Have any new channels been added in Michigan in the 1000's? And have any of the premiums been deleted there with this transition?

Moving HD to the 1000's has been the time where Comcast has traded out or removed many of the HD premiums, which Michigan still has a significantly larger amount than the rest of the Comcast areas.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15

1 edit
reply to mustang50
said by mustang50:

Comcast has just put the HDs in the 1000+ range here.
The channels are still in their old slots also.
Guess this is the start of the national channel lineup.

Yes, it looks like your area just executed "Phase 1" of the deployment process for Comcast's "Master Channel Lineup" (MCLU), which was just mentioned in another recent thread: »Re: Comcast HD Positioning

mustang50
Premium
Roseville, MI

1 edit
reply to Os
Don't know how many we had before, but I just counted about 130 including Premiums. I know they took a few premiums away some time ago, but it looks like 7 HBO, 4 SHO , 4 Stars,1 TMC, 3 MAX in HD.

Os

US
That sounds about like what was there before, although there might be 1 or 2 less. I know they dropped a few Cinemax HD multiplex channels earlier this year.

If you find a lineup somewhere, please let me know. I'd like to see it.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast
reply to mustang50
Damn - looked up your lineup on Zap2It - you have a better HD lineup than we do here in the Philly region...

DIY, Cooking, etc.

Glad to see they're still moving forward w/ the 1000s..
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
reply to mustang50
said by mustang50:

Now I've got to remember a whole new set of numbers...lol
And set my Favs again.

should not have to reset your favorites or any scheduled recordings, the source ID stays with the channel, not the channel number.

mustang50
Premium
Roseville, MI
Yeah, your right, my favs are there.

What I like is the most is the channels are grouped in a more logical order.. the locals are 1000+ the channel number..
Example...2 is 1002. 7 is 1007 and so on...

Os

US
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to JeepMatt
The Philly suburbs have EWTN HD, TV Guide HD and Galavision HD that are missing in Michigan, but they have Cooking HD, DIY HD and the most HD premiums of the Comcast markets.

I don't really think Michigan is crying for those 3, and they may have received them and some others in the transition to the 1000's.

mustang50
Premium
Roseville, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast

3 edits
reply to Os
said by Os:

If you find a lineup somewhere, please let me know. I'd like to see it.

This is all I could find...you have to change location to 48066 and turn off filters.
»xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings

I noticed they mapped the wrong channel on 1516...they put the SD version instead of the HD channel of Disney XD.

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
kudos:1
reply to mustang50
Like the OP stated I wish there was a default of going straight to HD channel.

Os

US
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to mustang50
I notice a few things that are different here in Michigan.

1101 is Weather Channel HD. This has been 1111 in the rest of the lineups in the 1000's.

1212 is BBC America HD. This has been 1225 everywhere else.

1286 is Destination America HD. This has been 1292 everywhere else.

1422 is AXS TV HD. This is 1241 in Indiana, the only 1000 market that carries the channel.

1507 is PBS Kids Sprout HD. This has been 1505 on the other lineups.

1635 is Fox Soccer HD. This has been 1715 in most places, but 1512 in Philadelphia. It will likely be in another location in the 1200's as FXX HD, which it will be in September.

But otherwise, nothing new was added. This was where a lot of the places lost their HD premiums in the South, but that didn't happen here. No networks changed either, I thought some things like Crime & Investigation HD, Ovation HD, IndiePlex HD, RetroPlex HD, TVGN HD and C-SPAN 2 HD might have appeared.

If you want to see the entire MCLU channel grid SD and HD, go to the lineup in Petersburg, VA (zip code 23901).

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to mustang50
is the master channel lineup for just hd channels or all digital channels?

telcodad
Premium
Lincroft, NJ
said by mikedz4:

is the master channel lineup for just hd channels or all digital channels?

It's for the entire lineup - SD and HD channels: »Standardized cable lineups coming soon

SD channels are numbered below 1000 and the HD channels above 1000, with HD # = SD # + 1000

Os

US
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to mikedz4
Petersburg, VA (zip code 23801) was a lineup Comcast didn't update at all from when they purchased it from Adelphia, and last year they gave it the only instance I know of with the MCLU for all channels.

If you want to see it, just enter it into any guide. Those should be the channel numbers you see everywhere eventually, although there are a few differences with the HD numbers in some areas where the HD's moved into the 1000's earlier like Indiana and Philadelphia.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4

2 edits
reply to telcodad
Will all the HD channels be above the 1000 mark and all the SD channels be below the 1000 mark? Theres gonna be a lot of channel relearning, especially in my area where they moved the HD channels from the 200's to the 800's and 1000's.

See I'm confused osravens, because Weather Channel HD by me is 815, BBC America HD is 1225, Destination America HD is 873, we don't have AXS TV HD, PBS Kids Sprout HD is 1505, Fox Soccer HD is 1512 (I'm in New Jersey), Ovation HD is 1345, we don't have Crime & Invest. HD, we don't have IndiePlex HD, we don't have Retroplex HD, TVGN HD is 1316, we don't have CSPAN2 HD. Will this mean that these channels will again be moving to the numbers you're seeing?

Isn't Petersburg, Virginia 23803, 23804, and 23805? Because the zip you gave doesn't come up as anywhere.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
reply to JeepMatt
Just seem to be a few extra HD channels that we (me and you being so close to Philly) don't currently have. MGM HD, WGN America HD, HBO HD Pacific feed, HBO 2 HD, HBO signature HD, HBO Comedy HD, HBO Zone HD, HBO Latino HD, ActionMAX HD, 5 StarMAX HD East, Showtime 2 HD, Showcase HD, Showtime Extreme HD, Starz Edge HD, Starz Kids HD, Starz Comedy HD, Cooking Channel HD, AXS TV, and Do-It-Yourself Network HD. From what I've heard in the past, all the secondary premium channels were shuttled off to the On Demand realm so I'm surprised that they are still physical channels. So aside from them, it seems there is just five channels we don't get which is the MGM HD, Cooking HD, DIY HD, AXS TV, and WGN America HD.
--
I'm always up for a good chat and helping with VoIP testing so my contact info is below.
Gigaset.net: Michael Wolf
Callcentric: 17772288600
SIP URI: sip:226976325024#9@sip.gigaset.net and sip:17772288600@in.callcentric.com

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
reply to Os
Nice find on Petersburg Ravens.....

That WILL be a lot to learn...
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

telcodad
Premium
Lincroft, NJ
reply to Mike Wolf
said by Mike Wolf:

Will all the HD channels be above the 1000 mark and all the SD channels be below the 1000 mark?

Yes, once the transition to the MCLU is completed ("Phase 2") in an area, with the HD channels no longer being "double-mapped": »Re: Comcast HD Positioning

said by Mike Wolf:

Theres gonna be a lot of channel relearning, especially in my area where they moved the HD channels from the 200's to the 800's and 1000's.

Yeah, that's one of the possible reasons that I mentioned in that post for why the MCLU has yet to be deployed in our area yet: "maybe they're just allowing some time to pass since the last (HD) channel realignment (just last August in my area)?"

BTW - From this channel lineup I came across for the Hartford, CT area »www.comcast.com/Customers/Clu/Ch···CGID=796 , it looks like all their HD channels are now located in the 1000's, but their SD channels haven't been moved to those "Genre-based locations" yet.

asom

@everestkc.net
reply to mustang50
I wish Olathe/Mo would added channels in Thousands,IONTV other Channels,Sports Tier in 7 hundreds and so on.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
reply to telcodad
All my HD channels in the 800's through 1000's came in the World Of More rollout in 2011 and I think 6 months later they stopped simulcasting the initial handful of HD channels I'd had for years located in the 200's. I'm concerned that everything will have to be relearned again if Comcast starts doing stuff. My zipcode is 08722 under the Comcast Toms River Digital if you wanna check out my lineup. On a separate note, what exactly is the difference between Comcast (insert town name) Digital and Comcast (insert town name) CableCard? From everything I've compared they are identical channel by channel.
--
I'm always up for a good chat and helping with VoIP testing so my contact info is below.
Gigaset.net: Michael Wolf
Callcentric: 17772288600
SIP URI: sip:226976325024#9@sip.gigaset.net and sip:17772288600@in.callcentric.com

Os

US
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Mike Wolf
In the Northeast, the channels are in the 800's. The new additions have been in the 1000's, many in peculiar locations, especially in Philadelphia.

The lineup in Petersburg is where they're supposed to be, but even Comcast can't get the MCLU right.

The channels I've mentioned are the places in the 1000's where the channels mostly are in those areas.

And Petersburg is zip code 23801.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
This website says it's not »www.zip-codes.com/city/VA-PETERSBURG.asp and the post office has Fort Lee, Va with only an "acceptable city" for Petersberg, Va. »tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupResul···801&zip=
When 23801 is put into Comcast's lineup no town shows up, just the "recommended lineup"

HerronScott

join:2004-12-23
Staunton, VA
reply to telcodad
said by telcodad:

Yes, it looks like your area just executed "Phase 1" of the deployment process for Comcast's "Master Channel Lineup" (MCLU), which was just mentioned in another recent thread: »Re: Comcast HD Positioning

I thought the 800 channels were supposed to be part of the standardization of channels across Comcast's locations? They are still showing most HD channels in the 200's and 800's here although new ones have only been added in the 800/900 range.

Scott

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to Os
it's probably going to be another 3 or 4 years before every digital lineup is the same. Hopefully by that time they will have over 200 hd channels including more sports hd channels like other providers.

telcodad
Premium
Lincroft, NJ
reply to HerronScott
said by HerronScott:

said by telcodad:

I thought the 800 channels were supposed to be part of the standardization of channels across Comcast's locations? They are still showing most HD channels in the 200's and 800's here although new ones have only been added in the 800/900 range.

Scott

Yeah, it seems strange that when we finally received of "World of More" (WoM) HD channel additions back in November 2011 here, that the bulk of them were placed in the 800's, and not in the 1000's as per the MCLU.

From what I can figure, it looks like before 2010, when the first mention of the MCLU appears, it seems Comcast's channel numbering standard had all the HDs placed in the 800's (maybe because some STB/OSG software could not handle 4-digit channel numbers then?).

This seems to explain why, when we were originally scheduled to get our WoM HD adds in May 2011, the HD lineup published at that time showed all the channels in the 800's: »www.comcastworldofmore.com/Monmo···neup.pdf (with the original HD channels also being double-mapped to their 200's positions).

However, the WoM adds then ended up getting re-scheduled to November of that year, and when the HD adds were actually done, 18 "newer" HD channels, not shown on that May lineup, were placed in their designated MCLU positions in the 1000's, which can been seen at the end of our latest lineup: »www.xfinityhd800s.com/pdf/MONMOUTH.pdf

Os

US
reply to Mike Wolf
Use Zap2it, and 23801 will work for Petersburg.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
I'l check it out. I put in the other zipcodes for Petersburg and am impressed by the complexity (compared to my system) of how the channels are laid out.

PGHammer

join:2003-06-09
Accokeek, MD
reply to mustang50
Oy vey - and I just drove in my tent-stakes. (Now that I've got my Tivo Premiere settled, I've pretty much set up camp in the 800+ space - because it has all my HD channels - local and otherwise; therefore, I need to drop down out of that space why? The Tivo is connected to my BRAVIA 40BX450 via HDMI; therefore, as long as the signal is strong enough, it's sharper than my razor.)

PGHammer

join:2003-06-09
Accokeek, MD
reply to telcodad
And a LOT of the Beltway Region hasn't gotten rid of their double-mapping (here in Prince George's County, MD, we still have our double-mapping in the old HD block (200-251) and the newer block (800+ - it tops at 941)). We have no channels above 941 (Latino/International channels are all in the 700 block) here in PG.