Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to telcodad

Re: [HD] HD channels 1002-1900s

All my HD channels in the 800's through 1000's came in the World Of More rollout in 2011 and I think 6 months later they stopped simulcasting the initial handful of HD channels I'd had for years located in the 200's. I'm concerned that everything will have to be relearned again if Comcast starts doing stuff. My zipcode is 08722 under the Comcast Toms River Digital if you wanna check out my lineup. On a separate note, what exactly is the difference between Comcast (insert town name) Digital and Comcast (insert town name) CableCard? From everything I've compared they are identical channel by channel.
--
I'm always up for a good chat and helping with VoIP testing so my contact info is below.
Gigaset.net: Michael Wolf
Callcentric: 17772288600
SIP URI: sip:226976325024#9@sip.gigaset.net and sip:17772288600@in.callcentric.com

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
reply to Mike Wolf

In the Northeast, the channels are in the 800's. The new additions have been in the 1000's, many in peculiar locations, especially in Philadelphia.

The lineup in Petersburg is where they're supposed to be, but even Comcast can't get the MCLU right.

The channels I've mentioned are the places in the 1000's where the channels mostly are in those areas.

And Petersburg is zip code 23801.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

This website says it's not »www.zip-codes.com/city/VA-PETERSBURG.asp and the post office has Fort Lee, Va with only an "acceptable city" for Petersberg, Va. »tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupResul···801&zip=
When 23801 is put into Comcast's lineup no town shows up, just the "recommended lineup"

HerronScott

join:2004-12-23
Staunton, VA
reply to telcodad

said by telcodad:

Yes, it looks like your area just executed "Phase 1" of the deployment process for Comcast's "Master Channel Lineup" (MCLU), which was just mentioned in another recent thread: »Re: Comcast HD Positioning

I thought the 800 channels were supposed to be part of the standardization of channels across Comcast's locations? They are still showing most HD channels in the 200's and 800's here although new ones have only been added in the 800/900 range.

Scott

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to Os

it's probably going to be another 3 or 4 years before every digital lineup is the same. Hopefully by that time they will have over 200 hd channels including more sports hd channels like other providers.

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:5
reply to HerronScott

said by HerronScott:

said by telcodad:

Yes, it looks like your area just executed "Phase 1" of the deployment process for Comcast's "Master Channel Lineup" (MCLU), which was just mentioned in another recent thread: »Re: Comcast HD Positioning

I thought the 800 channels were supposed to be part of the standardization of channels across Comcast's locations? They are still showing most HD channels in the 200's and 800's here although new ones have only been added in the 800/900 range.

Scott

Yeah, it seems strange that when we finally received of "World of More" (WoM) HD channel additions back in November 2011 here, that the bulk of them were placed in the 800's, and not in the 1000's as per the MCLU.

From what I can figure, it looks like before 2010, when the first mention of the MCLU appears, it seems Comcast's channel numbering standard had all the HDs placed in the 800's (maybe because some STB/OSG software could not handle 4-digit channel numbers then?).

This seems to explain why, when we were originally scheduled to get our WoM HD adds in May 2011, the HD lineup published at that time showed all the channels in the 800's: »www.comcastworldofmore.com/Monmo···neup.pdf (with the original HD channels also being double-mapped to their 200's positions).

However, the WoM adds then ended up getting re-scheduled to November of that year, and when the HD adds were actually done, 18 "newer" HD channels, not shown on that May lineup, were placed in their designated MCLU positions in the 1000's, which can been seen at the end of our latest lineup: »www.xfinityhd800s.com/pdf/MONMOUTH.pdf

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
reply to Mike Wolf

Use Zap2it, and 23801 will work for Petersburg.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ

I'l check it out. I put in the other zipcodes for Petersburg and am impressed by the complexity (compared to my system) of how the channels are laid out.

PGHammer

join:2003-06-09
Accokeek, MD
reply to mustang50

Oy vey - and I just drove in my tent-stakes. (Now that I've got my Tivo Premiere settled, I've pretty much set up camp in the 800+ space - because it has all my HD channels - local and otherwise; therefore, I need to drop down out of that space why? The Tivo is connected to my BRAVIA 40BX450 via HDMI; therefore, as long as the signal is strong enough, it's sharper than my razor.)

PGHammer

join:2003-06-09
Accokeek, MD
reply to telcodad

And a LOT of the Beltway Region hasn't gotten rid of their double-mapping (here in Prince George's County, MD, we still have our double-mapping in the old HD block (200-251) and the newer block (800+ - it tops at 941)). We have no channels above 941 (Latino/International channels are all in the 700 block) here in PG.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to PGHammer

Speaking of signal strength, should I be concerned that the majority of my HD channels are hovering between 90 and 92 but others like Showtime is around 87, in the TiVo signal strength meter? I've tried different splitters and different cables and different splitter configurations and it's still the same. I'm not experiencing any audio or video problems and the video quality transcends all descriptive words in human language.
--
I'm always up for a good chat and helping with VoIP testing so my contact info is below.
Gigaset.net: Michael Wolf
Callcentric: 17772288600
SIP URI: sip:226976325024#9@sip.gigaset.net and sip:17772288600@in.callcentric.com

mustang50
Premium
join:2005-05-06
Roseville, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to mustang50

Still no new HDs. Still trying to memorize the new channel numbers, so in a quick pinch I find myself still using the old numbers...but I'm trying..lol

Wonder how I would report a wrong channel map??
Not that I watch it, but I'm sure they meant to put DisneyXD in HD on 1516 but it's the SD feed???

I don't want to call in and get that puzzled "what the heck" sound from the CSR..lol
No biggie to me, but that's typical Comcast

LoveHD

join:2011-07-31
reply to mustang50

This is good.

AT&T U-verse has the setup.

I think the satellite companies, Dish Network and DirecTV, had it smarter with using the same channel number for both standard definition and high definition.

As long as there is some logic to the channel mapping, from a provider, it should be very workable. Arbitrarily throwing HD on channel numbers that have no connection to their SD counterparts is chaos. So many companies did that because they weren't prepared in adjusting to a changing television landscape of high definition.

It will be even better if Comcast speeds up implementing the system to all serviced areas.