This is a sub-selection from HomeFusion Problems

sbken

join:2002-03-09
Etowah, NC
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
reply to TucsonOne

Re: HomeFusion Problems

In my location AT&T DSL quality is extremely poor and slow. To add to the insult AT&T will not install any new DSL service! If you move into the area there is no AT&T DSL available and, according to AT&T, the reason for my slow/inferior service is that the service had to be "capped" as they are over capacity with no plans to upgrade their equipment. When I was made aware of Verizon's Homefusion I thought I finally had a good broadband option. Was was very wrong!

Starting with an installation scheduling disaster - the installer was not informed of the correct installation time - to technical problems and a gigantic data usage I canceled the service five days after unsuccessfully trying to resolve the issues. Technical support was unable to explain or resolve my problems and when they elevated the problem to the highest tier of Verizon technical support the problems were not even addressed.

Data usage issue: Although my pattern of internet usage remained the same after Homefusion installation my data usage rose from approximately 6BG/month with AT&T to approximately 5 GB in 24 hours! No one at Verizon Tech Support could explain the discrepancy. Since my Homefusion contract allowed 10 GB/month I would have been in deep financial trouble had I continued to use the service. (AT&T has an allowance of 150 GB/month.)

Speed: This is a real puzzler and Verizon Tech Support remained mystified. My download speed rarely exceeded 6 Mb/second and my upload speed was usually GREATER than the download speed.

When I finally called to cancel the service I was told to bring the Router to the Verizon store where I purchased the service. When I arrived at the store, after a considerable wait, I was informed that I had to *send* the Router back to Verizon and that Verizon would send me a prepaid shipping box. Seven days later I'm still waiting for that box.

Finally, I discovered that even though I canceled my service withing the fourteen-day trial period I would be charged a $35 "restocking fee". Oddly, Verizon does not want the large outside antenna "drum" returned, even though it is obviously an expensive item. It will remain a fixture on the outside of my house as a reminder that while Verizon is different from AT&, it is just as inept.

This is a sub-selection from HomeFusion Problems