Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

squirrel83
cheers

join:2005-05-02
Honolulu, HI

Wallops Launch are you gonna see?

So maybe in NY we might get a glimpse of the Orbital Sciences Antares rocket launch. Somewhere between 5 and 5:30 pm depending on weather.

I am using Stellarium to look at scorpious in the sky for now to kinda get an idea as to where to look OUR NY sky. . . anyone know? or have the ability to put up a diagram where to look from queens? LOL

Watching live here - »www.spaceflightnow.com/antares/d ··· tus.html

I am using Stellarium is a free open source planetarium for your computer. It shows a realistic sky in 3D, just like what you see with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope.

»www.stellarium.org/

squirrel83
cheers

Honolulu, HI
well NM that it just got scrapped for the day ABORT soo another day . . .

I had these magical graphics ready.

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
kudos:3
Used to go right past Wallops going to Chincoteague to go camping years ago.

DownTheShore
RIP tmpchaos
Premium
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ
kudos:14
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to squirrel83
Very strange to think that they are going to use Wallops. I've stopped by there at their little museum the few times I've been down Chincoteague way and a more laid-back little niche of NASA would be hard to find - at least from the POV of what's visible from the roads.

squirrel83
cheers

Honolulu, HI
They actually never really stopped using it. I think most launches over the past 7 years were navy or small military off the radar projects. Now that they received major funding and tax incentives, not to mention a little boost of moral for the state they are receiving larger projects. ---- ITS CRAZY but great work by the politicians in that state.

Here is the Phone number for launch schedules - The next one is June 4th I believe (757) 824-2050 -- automated

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1
reply to squirrel83
Just an update at the time of this post only 6 hr 11 min left until launch.