spc
Search similar:

uniqs

foxp1868
@rr.com

foxp1868

Anon

[TWC] Arris DG860 connected to a Cisco Linksys EA4500

I just switched my service to the 30/5 package and got this new modem directly from TWC..now I am not using this as an access point so i had them put it into bridge mode over the phone so it is just acting as a modem...when i hardwire my laptop directly into the modem in my basement (only place i can put it because of the cable connection)..i get perfect speeds every time i run a test (31/5)..but that was just for testing purposes..my laptop is located upstairs and is right next to the router i am using (linksys EA4500) which is connected via a 50ft ethernet cable which runs from the basement through my wall and up to the main level of my house. I am sitting right next to the router and have it hardwired in via a 2ft ethernet cable..and i only get speeds of 19.5/2.5 every single time i run a test...is this because of the long cable thats sending the internet signal from the modem to the router..or is it just a crap router (didnt think that was the case its only a few months old). wireless speeds are bad too..usually doesnt exceed 15/2.5
Anybody had this same issue too or know what to do to get the speeds i pay for?? every time i call the time warner customer support line i stay on hold for an hour and end up talking to someone i can barely understand and we get no where

Thanks for the help!!

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew

Premium Member

Could be the wire between the router and modem. Could be damaged, defective, or picking up interference.

Put the router right next to the modem with a short cable and try that setup. If it's good like that, chances are it's not the router.

If that short ethernet setup still has issues, it may be the router or a configuration issue with the router.

foxp1868
@rr.com

foxp1868

Anon

Short setup still was producing speeds of 19.5/2.5 wired. What kind of settings were you talking about on the router?

How about the wifi on the modem itself? Do people ever have problems with that? I could wire a long coax cable up through the wall just like I did my Ethernet so I could potentially just move the modem itself up on the main level of my house. I wouldn't think the signal on that would be very good though unless I was wired. Decisions decisions..I really appreciate the feedback