Search similar:

uniqs
dlewis23
join:2005-04-18
Boca Raton, FL

dlewis23

Is 24 Mbps possible?

Click for full size
I just had a tech out to fix an issue I was having with my RG. He ended up swapping out RG and replaced a F-Card with a new model (Forget the letter).

That fixed my issue and boosted my max user rate on both the download and upload. I was wondering if it would be possible now to get the 24 Mbps internet?

my thoughts

Anon

In short NO, your current Max rate of 33700 places you on the Max user rate of 25214 (25M profile), this is a result of both distance (longer loop length) and quality of outside, inside wiring resulting in a Max internet speed of 18. To qualify for the 24M internet you would need to be on the 32M profile (less than 2200 ft with good wiring) and a minimum Max obtainable of 38 or higher.
Probably not the answer you hoped for but if you would have been eligible the tech doing the work would have noted it and asked for a profile change via tier support. Enjoy the day.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U to dlewis23

Premium Member

to dlewis23
said by dlewis23:

I just had a tech out to fix an issue I was having with my RG. He ended up swapping out RG and replaced a F-Card with a new model (Forget the letter).

That fixed my issue and boosted my max user rate on both the download and upload. I was wondering if it would be possible now to get the 24 Mbps internet?

It might be possible, but your service will be very unstable

You probably will have to wait for the pair bonding expansion and/or vectoring

Supposedly when the indoor pair bonded modem launches, the faster speeds will be available for upgrades. Right now the outdoor i3812 iNID pair bond modem is only used to get the same 25/2 sync profile you presently have

And the newer VDSL2 line card is the "K" card - the older line card is the "F" card as you noted.... who knows what happended to G-J...
dlewis23
Boca Raton, FL

dlewis23

said by ILpt4U:

And the newer VDSL2 line card is the "K" card - the older line card is the "F" card as you noted.... who knows what happended to G-J...

I thought it was K but wasn't really sure for some reason I was thinking Y card.

This morning I noticed that the max user rate is sometimes as high as 36 Mbps, the last tech didn't put the filter back on, its still on my floor and he left it using the worse pair out of the 3. It's on the green/green white pair which was about 3 Mbps - 4 Mbps lower then the blue/blue white pair.

Not sure if I should call up and have them come back out.
RJIH
join:2011-05-15
Smyrna, GA

RJIH

Click for full size
I don't necessarily agree with others that have responded. As you can see from my router statistics my max rate is not much higher than yours, and I have 24 Mbps service. The service is extremely stable and fast. I have not experienced any issues to date. The one unknown that I don't know is the level of service that you have. I have internet only and there was no issue upgrading from 18 Mbps to 24 Mbps.
dlewis23
Boca Raton, FL

dlewis23

Click for full size
Had another tech out today who switched the pair over to the better one and I got a little better max user rate for the avg. that I'm seeing.

my thoughts to RJIH

Anon

to RJIH
While you may be on a 32 profile your noise margin ratio does not look good for est. 2000 ft distance and you are using the 3801, and your recommended profile based on stats is 25 meaning Max internet of 18. If you had the 3800 RG your stats would be even worse and you would be on 25.
For that distance with good lines should be 5 to 10 M higher on Max rate.

But yes it is working for you and yes the OP can call tier support and see if they would switch him to the higher profile without needing a tech visit but if problems develop the solution would be to lower the profile back down.