Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS

[Apps] Crash happy S note, is there autosave?

I am running s note on a note 10.1 running 4.1.2 but the app crashes at least once sometimes more per day. As a result I lose unsaved notes. It is obviously frustrating. I would think there is an autosave function but don't see a setting for it.

Does s note have autosave and if so where can I set the interval? If I could set it to save every minute or two it would be very helpful while hopefully the bugs are patched.
--
Nocchi rules.

beck
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road
kudos:1

Can't you use another app?

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170

I bought the tablet for the s note function, particularly the math recognition and wolfram integration.
--
Nocchi rules.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
reply to skeechan

Seems the crashes are somehow related to Go Launcher. Never had problem with Go Launcher on older devices but S Note is crashing when Go Launcher is running. If I switch back to Touchwiz, S Note doesn't crash. I figured the two would be unrelated.
--
Nocchi rules.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

2 edits

Always a possibility when things are released without thorough testing....

ASUS brought out their latest line of Transformers with still ICS (and the 201 before still Honeyconb) planned to Be Jelly Bean..... but didn't quit time out that way.... but was free upgrade when they felt it was solid and has been.

And honestly have experienced no OS issues with them. Maybe slow to release but it works when they do.

Others rush buggy things to market and then mop up.

And you would think it their own App not maybe 3rd party stuff that would work right..
--

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS

S-Note works with Touchwiz without issue (aside from the errant touch thing), it is just I am not liking Touchwiz. Go Launcher gives much more flexibility, particularly in resizing the desktop applets, rearranging desktops, etc. Maybe Go Launcher isn't liking windowing and it is just S-Note that I have open all the time. It may well crash Chrome if I ran it windowed long enough.
--
Nocchi rules.

beck
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road
reply to skeechan

Have you notified the Go Launcher developer to see if they can help?

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS

No, not yet at least. I just went back to touchwiz while I try and isolate the problem. Both go launcher ans s note have been out for a long time but I can't find a single thread about a similar problem when makes me think it may be something else. This galaxy not 10.1 was an Amazon return. Perhaps it is bad RAM but if that were the case it would not be a specific app that crashes.
--
Nocchi rules.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
reply to skeechan

Well that is the nature of a touch screen it sense all touch.

BTW on my ASUS transformer I keep the touch pad turned off except when I actually want to use it my typing hands brushing it and all off a sudden cursor is of somewhere else... not a problem on a full size keyboard bi is on a 1/2 scale one.

I think yoou are asking a bit much that it only recognize stylus and mo other touch.... possible perhaps, but point vs big touch stylus setting but otherwise just learn to krrp you hand off the screen using a stylus.
--

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS

It shouldn't with the Note. The Note 10.1 has both capacitive touch and a Wacom built in, which is why it cost 2X the price of a similar tablet and why the stylus writing is so accurate. It should be technically possible to turn off capacitive touch while leaving the Wacom running. It just isn't very well thought out. I am hoping that it will be improved with time. But even with the issues, it is way cool.
--
Nocchi rules.

chipd22

@bhn.net

I would still like to know if there is an auto save option, mine doesnt crash but sometimes i forget to save it and when i open snote i dont see it anywhere... are their drafts saved or anything like that?