Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

grand total

[TV] Cable TV 'Improvements'

I received a letter from Rogers today.

As part of Rogers ongoing commitment to deliver a superior television experience they are making changes to channel lineups and packages.

Net effect is that I lose Spike TV and BBC World News. However if I enjoy them I can subscribe to the packages that they are moving to.

Seems like a win win to me (for Rogers).

Treegravy
Premium Member
join:2011-04-21
Canada

Treegravy

Premium Member

The appropriate comment here would be: "Lol."
bdoyledimou
join:2002-08-20
Markham, ON

bdoyledimou to grand total

to grand total
don't forget that "these changes will NOT affect your current cable rates" -- unless you actually want the channel you lost.
Sunfox
join:2003-12-14
Stouffville

1 recommendation

Sunfox to grand total

to grand total
Dear Chump,

As part of our ongoing commitment at Rogers to raise your rates and reduce services as often as you will humanly bear, we're making some changes to your Rogers cable TV channel lineups and packages.

Sure, we may have already raised your cable rates earlier than usual this past January, but we're quite certain you've forgotten about that, and here it is April and our accountants are already missing our annual March cash infusion. So, we've decided to move a few things around for the heck of it and, at the same time, sneak in a few channel deletions that we hope you won't notice.

Please be assured that there will be no reduction to your Rogers cable TV rates for the removal of these channels, and if you would like them back we would be happy to add it to your bill.

Thank you for choosing Rogers and for the continued opportunity to gouge you.

Sincerely,

The Red Guys

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd to grand total

MVM

to grand total
LOOK --- someone has to pay for all the DEALS Rogers and BCE have recently made --- why where you expecting anything different. Geeesh.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to grand total

Premium Member

to grand total
Boy sometimes I wonder if I should pay for cable again then see this stuff and change my mind but quick.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to grand total

to grand total
said by grand total:

I received a letter from Rogers today.

As part of Rogers ongoing commitment to deliver a superior television experience they are making changes to channel lineups and packages.

Net effect is that I lose Spike TV and BBC World News. However if I enjoy them I can subscribe to the packages that they are moving to.

Seems like a win win to me (for Rogers).

Got the same letter and I'm in Mississauga as well.

I wonder if this is happening elsewhere? Frankly stunts like this are pushing me ever closer to telling Rogers that I no longer require their services.

Getting closer to finding legal answers for the services that I would be missing if I dump Rogers cable (and not surprisingly, it'll be cheaper to do it too)

NefCanuck
MichelR
join:2011-07-03
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR to grand total

to grand total
I got rid of cable TV nearly two years ago. I don't miss that kind of nonsense.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to NefCanuck

Premium Member

to NefCanuck
well netflix is the one most will say get if you don't have but also get yourself a nice cheap VPN that has servers all over the world and pretty much all your needs will be covered.

HMM maybe someone should make an official thread about this stuff.

KamWest3
join:2013-03-26
Canada

KamWest3

I just dumped Bell for Ooma and I'm dumping Rogers for Teksavvy combined with a Roku3.

Goodbye to all bills, for about 60 bucks I have everything.

Teksavvy $46
Ooma Phone $4.95
Netflicks 6.95

Done, I also hook my laptop to my TV and that does away with all the regional crap. I refuse to let the CRTC dictate what I have to watch. If you want me to watch Canadian then make a good show. Don't force me to watch crap I don't want to.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to grand total

Premium Member

to grand total
Just got the same 'FU' letter from Rogers here in Barrie...

BBC news is no big loss; but I actually like and watch a lot of the Spike programming...

It's got me thinking about my future entertainment plans... As a friend of mine used to say - its death by a thousand paper cuts...

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

hey I'll be in barrie tomorrow I drop by your house have dinner ready.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan

Premium Member

Beer's in the fridge; BBQ is on the deck. I'll be at the jays game; so clean up after yourself...

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to grand total

Premium Member

to grand total
And in two months, these "improvements" will cost you $3 more per month!
Sanek
join:2006-08-10
Kanata, ON

Sanek to grand total

to grand total
Nothing new - they've been pulling this kind of stuff for years. I used to have National Geographic and a bunch of other channels as part of the packages that I purchased. They took them out of my packages, put them in new packages, raised the price for everything and told me I'd have to buy the new packages to get those channels back.

Yup

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

1 recommendation

Thane_Bitter to grand total

Premium Member

to grand total
At this point Rogers’s consumers have been so stupefied they actually won't notice the transition for BBC World News, to ABC Spark.

“North Korea continues to deploy long range missiles …(click)... while trying to find a new dress for the prom."

annoymousse
@99.255.167.x

annoymousse to grand total

Anon

to grand total
will this allow me out of 1yr contract for vip tv
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by annoymousse :

will this allow me out of 1yr contract for vip tv

It will not without escalating and potentially a CCTS complaint.