uniqs
share rss forum feed

jchambers28

join:2007-05-12
Alma, AR
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·AT&T Wireless Br..

[CenturyTel] any chance of speeds like this?

Are there any chances of speeds like this. I signup with no contract just in case something like this came along. Thinking of making a switch. 10 MBPS around the same price of 50MBPS.
They better offer me at the very least a 40 MBPS connection
at a very attractive price or i am gone.
»Cox Boosts Speeds, Offers 150 Mbps

brad152

join:2006-07-27
Phoenix, AZ
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

i had 50/10 from Cox here in Phoenix, and my promo price was suppose to be $46/mo for a year, but when i got the bill it was closer to $90, so i just went back to CenturyLink and i'm "provisioned" for the 40/5, but i get more like 37.5/3

but i'm totally happy with that since it's $45/mo for a year and guaranteed price (not to mention no more random cable slowdowns mid-day when everyone comes home!)

jchambers28

Alma, AR
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·AT&T Wireless Br..

I called c link they told me 10Mbps was the max good thing i have no contract. whats interesting is they don"t even try to keep u as a customer it seems like they do care if you have their service or not it weird. Most companies try to keep you with sales tactics no this company.

brad152

Phoenix, AZ
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

well to be honest, out east in old Embarq/Sprint territory where i'm from, all they have is ADSL/ADSL2 still and honestly it's fine for rural situations compared to satellite, and VDSL2 i've noticed is way more crazy with old lines and i'm assuming that's why CL has not upgraded all the areas yet.

At least they're way better than AT&T to deal with considering most places back home in Columbus, OH i can only get 3-5Mbps max, but more like 1.5Mbps everywhere i lived.

I can say though having an account with them since they were Sprint in Ohio (i still have a cabin by the lake there with a 3Mbps ADSL2 connection - they never have a problem renewing my 19.95 rate one year at a time), that they've always been reliable and fixed things when i've needed them too

jchambers28

Alma, AR

I am tired of taking 2 hrs to download a 2GB HD video. Why are they holding on to 10 Mbps when companies like cox offer much higher speeds?

wizkid6

join:2002-03-31
Opelika, AL
reply to jchambers28

On a good server I can download a 4.7 GB file in about 45 minutes.

That is at 20mbps.

Then again, I'm on U-verse Max Plus IP-DSL service, so YMMV.

brad152

Phoenix, AZ
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to jchambers28

It really should not take more than 20min or so to download 2gb, i downloaded 3.7gb in iPhone IPSW files the other day (to update a few friends iPhone's and iPad away from broadband) and that took me less than 30min when my line was provisioned with 20/896