FUJIFILM FinePix S3380
23mm 1/220th F5.6 ISO400

Click for full size
FUJIFILM FinePix S3380
111mm 1/400th F5.9 ISO400

Click for full size
FUJIFILM FinePix S3380
111mm 1/250th F5.9 ISO400

I started feeding one cat and have many now, I'm not a photographer but do enjoy taking pictures of the cat's that show up.
Xlogic

Xlogic

Premium Member

Click for full size
FUJIFILM FinePix S3380
111mm 1/500th F5.9 ISO200

LoL I forgot this one its a tuxedo cat and is very afraid of people but I'm working on him....
switchman
join:1999-11-06

switchman to Xlogic

to Xlogic
You house looks like mine. My wife started feeding one starving stray, now there are ~12 that hangout and call our house home.

rcroning
D700 Rocks
Premium Member
join:2005-05-21
Winnipeg, MB

rcroning to Xlogic

Premium Member

to Xlogic
Nice looking cats. And it's nice of you to feed strays. Who knows what they have gone through.....mistreatment and/or abandonment. If it gets too overwhelming for you, it may be time to consider finding homes for them or taking them to no-kill animal shelters.

Xlogic
Premium Member
join:2002-10-17
Conyers, GA

3 recommendations

Xlogic

Premium Member

Ah its not to expensive about $13.00 a month (big bag cat food) and I feed them twice a day plus table scraps. I don't know if the shelters around here would take them because they are mostly wild but I was thinking about trapping them and having the neutered or spayed since none seem to be.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
ARRIS DG1670

pcdebb

Premium Member

said by Xlogic:

I was thinking about trapping them and having the neutered or spayed since none seem to be.

that would be the best thing to do, control the population. Pretty soon you'll have too many to feed lol

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown to Xlogic

Premium Member

to Xlogic
I love cats - it's awesome that your taking care of them in this way

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

jaykaykay to Xlogic

MVM

to Xlogic
Fabulous thing to do. Even if they're strays, they should be neutered...so they won't provide tons of more strays. Good for you for caring enough to feed them as well as think of their health.
bgraham2
join:2001-03-15
Smithtown, NY

1 recommendation

bgraham2 to Xlogic

to Xlogic
Click for full size
Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL
55mm 1/60th F5.6 ISO400

Our stray called Midnight with his friend.
Click for full size
Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL
55mm 1/60th F5.6 ISO400

The raccoon's Babies
We have 3 strays, and after the first litter of 6 kittens, we trapped them and had them neutered and spayed. We have a local vet that does the neutering and spaying of stray cats for $40 each. We kept the kittens in the house for a few months and got them all adopted to family and friends.

Our strays have been with us for about 6 years. One, the father of the 6 kittens is completely tame now and comes in the house every night during the winter. He had befriended a raccoon that had 3 babies a few years ago. The raccoon and babies thankfully all moved on, even though they had free cat food every day.

Xlogic
Premium Member
Conyers, GA

Xlogic

Premium Member

That's neat. I've never had a raccoon come by but have had a few possums but they move on.

All the vet's I've talked to around here won't deal with wild cat's so far but I'm still looking.
bgraham2
join:2001-03-15
Smithtown, NY

1 edit

bgraham2

Click for full size
Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL
55mm 1/60th F5.6 ISO200

Tippy with the last 2 kittens
Click for full size
Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL
49mm 1/60th F5.6 ISO400

The kitten 3 dots
Our 3 inside cats were all kittens from a couple of stray cats that my wife's daughter had in her back yard.

We had 2 dog's for years. One was rescued from the pound, the other was a stray rottweiler right off the street that was hit by a car. They were both great dogs.

We found a vet that would work with us after we spent a fortune on the rottweiler. We are really lucky that in our street, 3 houses in a row all feed and take care of the three stray cats if we go away.

The local pound gave us the the name of a vet that would work with us with strays. You should ask your local pound.

One of our inside cats adopted the last remaining two of the kittens. (picture posted)

Before we took the six black kittens to the vet for their shots they were so active that we never knew who was who, so I put dots on their ears with white out so the vet knew who had had their shots and who had not. The picture attached must have been 3 dots. The vet still has the files for 1 dot, 2 dots, 3 dots etc.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

You should ask your local pound.

I was also going to suggest to contact your local no-kill shelter -- if they don't have a vet "on staff" that will do it, they will have referrals.

Xlogic
Premium Member
Conyers, GA

Xlogic to bgraham2

Premium Member

to bgraham2
Awesome cats and very nice to see more people taking care of stray's.

I'll give the local pound a call in the morning see if they have leeds for a vet.