spc
Search similar:

uniqs
smilepak
join:2002-02-27
Chino, CA

smilepak

Fiber To The House?

Curious. I had FiOS before and from what I've gathered is for Verizon they have fiber from street all the way up to the house. Where as U-Verse only has Fiber to the street hub / central area. Then Copper to the house.

The new house I just purchased seems to have Fiber up to the house (got ATT phone service and that what tech told me).

Anyhow, given where ATT technology at the moment, any benefit to that? Would I be able to sign up for some faster speed?

Currently have Time Warner Cable 30/5 for $59.99 a month. Wonder if it is worth going U-Verse internet.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

If you had FiOS, then you know what an ONT is, and looks like. Is your AT&T service fed through an ONT? AT&T only deployed FTTH in a handful of "greenfield" (new construction) communities; mostly in Midwest and Southwest, though some in West.

Originally, AT&T limited FTTH speed to 18/1.5 service, per DSLR member ConstantineM See Profile:

»So, AT&T U-verse FTTP barely makes the broadband definition?

Last I heard, they are going to provide 24/3 in markets where cable is offering 50 to 100.
said by smilepak:

Currently have Time Warner Cable 30/5 for $59.99 a month. Wonder if it is worth going U-Verse internet.

Probably not.

ATTek
Got Sand?
Premium Member
join:2000-12-13
Glendora, CA

ATTek to smilepak

Premium Member

to smilepak
I don't think we have any presence in Chino. What city did you move to? We do have a significant amount of FTTP in this area.
smilepak
join:2002-02-27
Chino, CA

smilepak

Eastvale, new Shea community and kB are ftth

So from the comment keep cable huh.

Cable has 30 down, uverse has 24, both approx same price.
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel

said by smilepak:

Eastvale, new Shea community and kB are ftth

So from the comment keep cable huh.

Cable has 30 down, uverse has 24, both approx same price.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.