kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to bournenl

Re: Unlimited Internet option on Rogers for a limited time

said by bournenl:

Hey,

I was curious if anyone who doesn't meet the $10 requirement has been able to get this package for anything less than $30 dollars?

FWIW, I called and ordered Rogers cable tv last week. I also asked about internet, thinking just have them both with Rogers and get one bill. The CSR would not budge on the usage. At all. Not even 1 GB. The offer was 150. I said I needed 300. CSR said $30 for unlimited. I said I was ordering TV, I just need 300 and I'll order internet too. CSR said $30 for unlimited. The extra 150GB I was asking for would have cost them $3 a month, which I would have been happy to pay for.

Modem from Start Communications arrived today.

Rogers = complete idiots. They know not what they do.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Cogeco UBB, No Modem Required - »[Niagara] 40gb of "usage" while the modem is unplugged

technocar2

join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON
kudos:2
said by dillyhammer:

FWIW, I called and ordered Rogers cable tv last week. I also asked about internet, thinking just have them both with Rogers and get one bill. The CSR would not budge on the usage. At all. Not even 1 GB. The offer was 150. I said I needed 300. CSR said $30 for unlimited. I said I was ordering TV, I just need 300 and I'll order internet too. CSR said $30 for unlimited. The extra 150GB I was asking for would have cost them $3 a month, which I would have been happy to pay for.

Mike

For the best deals you have to speak with the retention reps as mentioned like a million times on these forums; the general reps will not give those kinds of deals. Also depends on the willingness of the reps, but here on these forums there was no one who was rejected for 70% and 80% off deals for internet. So I'd say you should speak with a retention rep and check out what there are giving out before you jump the gun.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
said by technocar2:

So I'd say you should speak with a retention rep and check out what there are giving out before you jump the gun.

Sorry. I don't jump through hoops to do business with the likes of Rogers. It's only out of sheer necessity and lack of choice that they got my TV business. Start was happy to get my business and I didn't have to kiss their ass for $2 worth of usage.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Cogeco UBB, No Modem Required - »[Niagara] 40gb of "usage" while the modem is unplugged

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to technocar2
said by technocar2:

said by dillyhammer:

Mike

For the best deals you have to speak with the retention reps as mentioned like a million times on these forums; the general reps will not give those kinds of deals. Also depends on the willingness of the reps, but here on these forums there was no one who was rejected for 70% and 80% off deals for internet. So I'd say you should speak with a retention rep and check out what there are giving out before you jump the gun.

Retention discounts cannot be given out for new activations.

technocar2

join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON
said by yyzlhr:

But he already has cable.

That's how I got the 70% off deal as well, I was with teksavvy for internet and cable with rogers and I just called them asked them to transfer me to retention; I just bluntly asked for the 70% off internet; it was a new activation as well. One month later I cancelled teksavvy...I'm not sure what you are talking about. Maybe they don't give discounts to new accounts but if you already have an account then I don't think it should be an issue; I assumed dillyhammer already has an account open with rogers.

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON
said by technocar2:

said by yyzlhr:

But he already has cable.

That's how I got the 70% off deal as well, I was with teksavvy for internet and cable with rogers and I just called them asked them to transfer me to retention; I just bluntly asked for the 70% off internet; it was a new activation as well. One month later I cancelled teksavvy...I'm not sure what you are talking about. Maybe they don't give discounts to new accounts but if you already have an account then I don't think it should be an issue; I assumed dillyhammer already has an account open with rogers.

No he didn't, he wanted to sign up for TV and internet, but settled for Internet only. Even then, retention offers cannot be offered to people who are signing up for services for the first time.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
A thread over in the Telsavvy forum says guys are getting mail from Rogers advertising a new 35/3 200GB package for $45/month 8 year price guarantee w/free modem. Similar to the recent 45/4 promo.

Anybody know anything about it and whether it's for new customers only like the 45/4 thing was?

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON
said by elitefx:

A thread over in the Telsavvy forum says guys are getting mail from Rogers advertising a new 35/3 200GB package for $45/month 8 year price guarantee w/free modem. Similar to the recent 45/4 promo.

Anybody know anything about it and whether it's for new customers only like the 45/4 thing was?

Technically new customers only, although the promo code will work for existing customers, so you'll need to sweet talk a rep into doing it.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
said by yyzlhr:

Technically new customers only, although the promo code will work for existing customers, so you'll need to sweet talk a rep into doing it.

Thanks. Just called Rogers. Wouldn't budge off the "new customers only" although the first rep I spoke to said it could be done BUT then I got transferred to another rep who said he couldn't do it BUT did give me 25% off my 25/2 for a year (no contract).

Maybe I'll try again next week. Wheeling and dealing with Rogers is a hoot..........

RLBL

join:2012-11-26
Gloucester, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
said by elitefx:

said by yyzlhr:

Thanks. Just called Rogers. Wouldn't budge off the "new customers only" although the first rep I spoke to said it could be done BUT then I got transferred to another rep who said he couldn't do it BUT did give me 25% off my 25/2 for a year (no contract).

Maybe I'll try again next week. Wheeling and dealing with Rogers is a hoot..........

Try again.

I was on it a couple of months ago and went to Unl... then I decided I did not need unlimited (my usage warrants paying an overage charge here and there instead of handing over 30+ every month)

When I called they said: "As you left the deal, you are not supposed to come back". I mentioned I would be revisiting this in July when Tek is up offering 35/3 for $49.99 in July...

He put me on hold for a sec while he talked to his manager. I have 35/3 + 200 at 52+tax again (45+7 rental)

AnonMJB

@bell.ca
ok... well when will ftth be in every home ?
1000 years

google fiber wired a whole city in less than 3 years...

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
said by AnonMJB :

ok... well when will ftth be in every home ?
1000 years

google fiber wired a whole city in less than 3 years...

LMFAO.. Delusional much?

Google hasn't finished an entire city. Far from it. They don't have a single 'neighbourhood' fully installed yet.

»fiber.google.com/cities/kck/#header=check
»fiber.google.com/cities/kcmo/#header=check
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

MJB

join:2012-01-29
at least they try