spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mattrixx
join:2004-02-18
Orland Park, IL

mattrixx

[Rant] Military Channel

Will someone explain to me, what does "Jesus:The Missing Years", OR "Angels vs. Demons: Fact or Fiction?", OR "Biblical Mysteries Explained", OR "Who Was Jesus?" have to do with the MILITARY CHANNEL?

Paying premium price for the "tier" in order just to be able to receive this channel, which also includes the largest, most annoying ever intrusive channel LOGO I have seen anywhere in TV land.
Not to mention their numerous crawls and promos of upcoming shows, all accompanied by your standard numerous commercials, I`m wondering why I bother with this or any of these so called "Premium Channels?
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

It's not a premium channel by any means, your cable company is the one ripping you off by putting it in a higher package., and discover likes to recycle the some of the same content on the many of their channels they don't need.

A premium channel is HBO, otherwise it's just how your carrier packages channels.

mattrixx
Orland Park, IL

mattrixx

You are of course correct in proper cable "mumbo jumbo" terminology.
My use of the term "Premium" channels are those channels packaged together in such a way (a tier)you have to pay extra money above simple basic (NO movie channels) package to receive.
Elthesh
join:2001-12-01
Fort Lauderdale, FL

1 edit

1 recommendation

Elthesh to mattrixx

to mattrixx
Who was Jesus and Jesus the missing years... I dunno, maybe they are subtly hinting that Jesus had a secret life as General Jesus, High Commander of the Supreme Royal Sumerian Army. Maybe he used his mighty army to fight off the Demons and Angels.

You might want to see if there's another special in there, possibly with a title like Did Jesus Have Amnesia? You may find out he took a nasty bump on the head from one of those demons, got amnesia and went on to a more peaceful life as a carpenter...

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed to mattrixx

MVM

to mattrixx
Likely the Military Channel is owned by the same channel that created these shows which are now being used as filler.

ebgbjo
Sewing is cheaper than therapy
Premium Member
join:2007-09-14
USA

ebgbjo to mattrixx

Premium Member

to mattrixx
Also, I know when I was overseas, the Military channel was the only American based channel we could get. Everything else was from the foreign country we were in. It was nice being able to see some shows in English because of the MC.

seginus
join:2008-01-30
Wendell, NC

seginus to mattrixx

to mattrixx
I saw those shows and wondering what the hell, too. At least they aren't the 50th rerun of the same shows.

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

Santa Fe

said by seginus:

I saw those shows and wondering what the hell, too. At least they aren't the 50th rerun of the same shows.

Yeah, just HOW many times can one watch Hitler's Bodyguards anyway?

They also did Churchill's Bodyguards as well, but they never seem to repeat that show.

Hmmmm.... which side is the Military Channel on anyway?

Trihexagonal5
join:2004-08-29
US

Trihexagonal5 to mattrixx

to mattrixx
said by mattrixx:

Paying premium price for the "tier" in order just to be able to receive this channel, which also includes the largest, most annoying ever intrusive channel LOGO I have seen anywhere in TV land.

I set up a favorites list of the channels I watch, that's not one of them and I don't even see what they have programmed. I don't like it any better than you do but you don't have to watch it, though I do get the part about having to pay for it.

I only watch about 2/3 of the channels I pay for with Charter and the price keeps going up for the same package, from $73 a month in January to over $90 in March. I believe AT&T is going to start offering Uverse in my area and I may change to them since I have phone and DSL with them already.

mattrixx
Orland Park, IL

mattrixx to Elthesh

to Elthesh
You know, I never thought of that. Thanks

It`s NOT like this country doesn't have enough military stories to tell, with hundreds of bases and ships all over the world, and multiple recent and projected wars to document.
I am by NO means a war monger, but should I find "Military" stories on "The Golf Channel" instead?

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

Luckily - I doubt the History Channel owns the Golf Chanel or else they might be having those programs sometime in the schedule...

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to Elthesh

Premium Member

to Elthesh
Well Yahweh is pretty much a War God, so... yeah.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to mattrixx

to mattrixx
said by mattrixx:

I am by NO means a war monger, but should I find "Military" stories on "The Golf Channel" instead?

"Bunker Wars"

Cthen
Premium Member
join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI

Cthen to mattrixx

Premium Member

to mattrixx
You watched a channel owned by the Discovery Network and expected to see shows oriented to that channel?

Silly you!
intok (banned)
join:2012-03-15

intok (banned) to mattrixx

to mattrixx
said by mattrixx:

Will someone explain to me, what does "Jesus:The Missing Years", OR "Angels vs. Demons: Fact or Fiction?", OR "Biblical Mysteries Explained", OR "Who Was Jesus?" have to do with the MILITARY CHANNEL?

It appeals to the types of psychos that are way to into guns and view the wars we're in in the middle east as a new crusades that will bring Jesus back so they can get raptured.

There are ALLOT more of them then you think.