share rss forum feed

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

[WIN8] IE10 Cookie Problem

Click for full size
I need to log into my Microsoft Account using IE. (I have zero problems logging in on Fx or Opera but what I need to do there requires logging in on IE only).

When I try to login, IE claims that I don't have cookies enabled. I have cookies enabled. I'm using the SAME cookie settings that I have used on IE since IE6. I have not had other sites complain that I don't have cookies enabled.

I do have Advanced settings for cookies - "Ask" for first party and "block" third party. I am not changing the settings. Is Microsoft requiring THIRD PARTY cookies be set to login to your Microsoft Account? I find that a bit hard to believe.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:12

2 edits

Have you tried putting the site into your TRUSTED ZONE mele?? (That domain)

Im sorry your going thru this and i hope my suggestion helps!

quote:
Is Microsoft requiring THIRD PARTY cookies be set to login to your Microsoft Account?
I also have 3rd party cookies disabled and when i went to that page i got the reg login screen...... HOWEVER WHEN I PUT THAT DOMAIN IN MY RESTRICTED ZONE (login.live.com) it said i had cookies disabled...

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI

Thanks! I forgot to mention that I DID put it in the Trusted zone and was surprised that did not help. I deleted the few cookies I had in IE also. I also disabled the Proxomitron but that didn't help either.

I posted at Microsoft Account, Hotmail and Skydriive forum over 48 hours ago and NO replies so far.

After clearing the IE cookies I had, I was able just now to log in here using IE 10. IE asked me about the two cookies dslr wanted to set just like it is supposed to do. So, there is nothing wrong with IE10's ability to ask about first party cookies.

It is sort of pathetic that I can login to Windows live and Microsoft account on rival browsers but can't on Microsoft's own browser.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

javaMan
The Dude abides.
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-15
San Luis Obispo, CA

1 edit
reply to Mele20

Re: [WIN8] IE10 Cookie Problem

Have you tried running the website in compatibility mode? I seems to me that I had the same problem with a website once (can't remember which one). Whenever something hinky happens like that that shouldn't, compatibility mode is first thing I try.

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15

3 edits
reply to Mele20

Re:  

Click for full size
Click for full size
Searching about this issue, I came across this:
»social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums···1e13ea3/

The common recommendation there was checking/adding the site here, to the allowed list: Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Privacy Tab > Click Sites

At the very least, make sure it's not blocked there
--
Two is one, one is none. If it's important, back it up... Somethimes 99.999% availability isn't even good enough.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
reply to Mele20

Re: [WIN8] IE10 Cookie Problem

Try allowing session cookies.

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
reply to javaMan

said by javaMan:

Have you tried running the website in compatibility mode? I seems to me that I had the same problem with a website once (can't remember which one). Whenever something hinky happens like that that shouldn't, compatibility mode is first thing I try.

Yes, I had tried that. That helps sometimes but with Microsoft login that shouldn't be needed but I tried it anyway.
--

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
reply to DrDrew

Re:  

That was the problem. Sigh. On any other browser I would have immediately checked to see if I had the site blocked completely for cookies. But I use IE very little and just didn't think about that. So, thanks for reminding me to check that.
--

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:12
reply to Mele20

Im glad ya got things going Mele