how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

howardfine

join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO

Who fixes drainage tile around a house?

What category do you look that up under in the Yellow Pages or Angie's List?

I know the drainage around this house is messed up. It's a 1400sq ft ranch. I'm sure the numbers are all over the place but if someone were to dig all around and replace the drainage, can someone shoot me a number just as a shot in the dark?

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

1 recommendation

Usually basement and foundation repair.

My try this link and lookup a local contractor.

»www.basementsystems.com/

rjackal
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Plymouth, MI
reply to howardfine

Search Angie's List for "foundation"

My complete guess would be many thousands of dollars. Wouldn't surprise me to be in the tens or twenties of thousands for it to be done right.

howardfine

Saint Louis, MO
reply to howardfine

Thanks guys. It looks like doing that would cost me from $2500 to $6500 just as a wild guess from looking at the estimates online. Not for a complete drainage replacement, I don't think, but I know where it stands now.

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada
reply to howardfine

Guessing this is related to your other post (about the wet flooring) - then you'll want the existing weepers scoped and/or flushed; assuming they exist. If they don't exist - you'll want them installed, while the foundation is excavated; including installing a sump pit, pump, and discharge plumbing, depending on what's allowed or required in your location.

Waterproofing and Foundation repair contractors would be my first suggestion as for where to look, as pointed out above.

Costs will depend greatly on the amount of excavation involved, and that's going to depend on things like landscaping, grading, elevation, etc...

Your estimates above (2.5k-6.5k) sound a little low to me, but your area may be cheaper then up here in Canada...

howardfine

Saint Louis, MO

Thanks for your help, LazMan.

Yes, we have weepers but we're pretty sure they're clogged up or damaged at worst.

One day I'll tell the whole story behind this. Or do I need to say anything more than "brother-in-law"?

pike
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-01
Washington, DC
kudos:3
reply to howardfine

Many people opt to simply redirect the output from the downspouts away from the house. You should look in to doing this at least temporarily until a proper fix is in place.

This of course will not be a practical solution for every type of house.

PeeWee
Premium
join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA
reply to howardfine

If you know exactly what you want a septic tank service has all the right tools and equipment.
--
Iphone. Helping computer illiteracy become popular since 2007

nunya
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms
·surpasshosting
reply to howardfine

»www.stlouisco.com/Portals/8/docs···yers.pdf
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.