spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

CAST SUCKS

@comcastbusiness.net

A nice get of contract for free with no ETF

A nice get of contract for free with no ETF.

Some should get a nice phone and after this new fee drop ATT and unlock it and go to tmobile.

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN
kudos:1

said by CAST SUCKS :

Some should get a nice phone and after this new fee drop ATT and unlock it and go to tmobile.

If, only T-Mobile would expand their network more... I hear they are, but haven't' seen much expansion in TN to blow my skirt up

inteller
Sociopaths always win.

join:2003-12-08
Tulsa, OK
reply to CAST SUCKS

cant re-up and break once it has been announced, but everyone up until today who just got a sweet phone recently can break after May 1. They may have to wait for the charge to appear on their first billing.
--
"WHEN THE LAUGH TRACK STARTS THEN THE FUN STARTS!"

josephf

join:2009-04-26
Reviews:
·VoicePulse
reply to CAST SUCKS

said by CAST SUCKS :

Definitely. Every AT&T customer should go for it.

One needs to first verify that one can cancel a new contract that was signed after this fee was announced.

Crookshanks

join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY
reply to inteller

Can't speak for AT&T but Verizon changed their contract so you can't do this:

If you're a Postpay customer and a change to your Plan or this agreement has a material adverse effect on you, you can cancel the line of Service that has been affected within 60 days of receiving the notice with no Early Termination Fee if we fail to negate the change after you notify us of your objection to it.

What this means is they'll just issue you a bill credit for the new fee multiplied by the number of months you have left on your contract.

inteller
Sociopaths always win.

join:2003-12-08
Tulsa, OK

and this is why I don't do contracts anymore, they are absolutely anti-consumer.
--
"WHEN THE LAUGH TRACK STARTS THEN THE FUN STARTS!"

Elector

join:2000-05-25
Albany, NY
reply to Crookshanks

The fact of the matter is Verizon Wireless will not credit you anything.
If you leave you would be paying more for that new service provider be it Sprint or T-Mobile or some other carrier.

That $8 charge over a year will cost you hundreds to get a new cell phone, and then an activation fee, and service in advance or pro-rata so it is yet another pick your pocket and live with it.

Sad very sad.
--
Knowledge is a terrible thing to waste. That is why I post when I can.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
reply to CAST SUCKS

Here's what I would, and will be doing. I'm going to buy all new phones.. I'm in the early upgrade period. I will then cancel without ETF.. resign back up, get all new phones again, sell the new phones at a higher price and then I'm sure the incredible profits I make on the sale of the phones will cover that $1-something fee.

Just have to play them at their own game is all.

Rakeesh

join:2011-10-30
Mesa, AZ
reply to Elector

So unlock your AT&T phone and move it to t-mobile. Granted you'll pay $10 for the SIM card, the reduced monthly rate will save you a ton over what would have been the life of your AT&T contract.

Tel

join:2001-10-12
Mauldin, SC
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast

said by Rakeesh:

So unlock your AT&T phone and move it to t-mobile. Granted you'll pay $10 for the SIM card, the reduced monthly rate will save you a ton over what would have been the life of your AT&T contract.

Tried em, good service if you never leave the interstate.

northalabama

join:2001-06-18
Huntsville, AL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast

when did you try them, 10 years ago? in the southeast, t-mobile coverage is comparable to att & vz, with better quality and lower rates.
--
The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace