how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Slowverse

join:2012-02-01
Mobile, AL

Break contract?

Will this allow subscribers to break their contract without an ETF?

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4

No. I called them and asked. I was told that since it is not a rate change you are not allowed to cancel. When I said MY rate is they said they apologize, blah blah blah.

josephf

join:2009-04-26
Reviews:
·VoicePulse

The front-line customer service reps at the carriers always deny anything is grounds to end the contract. They are trained as such. Nevertheless, all customers are on firm legal ground in demanding the contract be terminated due to AT&T forcibly adding a fee the customer never agreed to when signing the contract and does not agree to now.

The request should be escalated to a supervisor or even higher if necessary. Additionally, customers can file a regulatory complaint.

mjh2901

join:2001-08-02
Livermore, CA

Call customer service, cancel tell them that they broke the contract if they don't wave the fees, go to small claims and sue for the full 10,000 add willful breach of contract. You will win, those judges hate ATT.

The its not rate hike because we called it something else is bogus If its not a government tax its a rate hike.

bobjohnson
Premium
join:2007-02-03
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·T-Mobile US
·Sprint Mobile Br..
reply to josephf

said by josephf:

The front-line customer service reps at the carriers always deny anything is grounds to end the contract. They are trained as such. Nevertheless, all customers are on firm legal ground in demanding the contract be terminated due to AT&T forcibly adding a fee the customer never agreed to when signing the contract and does not agree to now.

The request should be escalated to a supervisor or even higher if necessary. Additionally, customers can file a regulatory complaint.

While the above is true, you guys may want to wait until the fee is actually added to the bill. The CSR's are correct at this point, you can't cancel with no ETF because the fee technically doesn't exist yet.
--

itguy05

join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA
reply to mjh2901

said by mjh2901:

Call customer service, cancel tell them that they broke the contract if they don't wave the fees, go to small claims and sue for the full 10,000 add willful breach of contract. You will win, those judges hate ATT.

The its not rate hike because we called it something else is bogus If its not a government tax its a rate hike.

I can almost guarantee they will credit the fee to you every month until your contract ends. That way you won't have a leg to stand on in court.

You: Your Honor they raised my fee by $1.00 a month so I'm eligible to break without the ETF.

Them: Yes, we raised the fee by $1. When Mr. X called in on 6/1/13 to ask about it we offered him a $1 credit of the fee for the remaining term of his contract. Would you like to hear the audio?

Your Honor: Mr. X, you loose.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to ptrowski

said by ptrowski:

No. I called them and asked. I was told that since it is not a rate change you are not allowed to cancel. When I said MY rate is they said they apologize, blah blah blah.

HAHAHAHA.. that's funny. yea.. Sprint told me the same thing when I broke my contract over that 3 cent fee they added as well. Of COURSE they're going to say you can't break the contract. Personally, I think the state's attorney generals should sue AT&T for lying to their customers.. the law is what it is and the contracts are what they are.. if they're being dishonest to the customer in order to create gains, they should be slapped hard for it.

nizmoz0

join:2008-05-06
San Antonio, TX
reply to josephf

I have tried this with AT&T and it doesn't work. I even reported them to the BBB one time, their upper management even called me back and refused to do anything. I could not end my ETFs with AT&T no matter what I tried. So I have been stuck with them sadly.