uniqs
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

technocar2 to TypeS

to TypeS

Re: Rogers worried?

said by TypeS:

Those "supposed" issues are not universal on TekSavvy's network as I have yet to suffer anything you have described. So for all intents and purposes I see no difference the service I had before with Rogers and the one that I have now.

Having crappy and congested transit links is as universal as it gets mate.
»[Cable] Speeds From Europe Terrible at night

Teksavvy didn't even post a single official comment on that thread; and why would when its so obvious what the issue was...
Rastan
join:2007-04-25
Canada

Rastan to geokilla

to geokilla
said by geokilla:

It's more of the "What the hell are you downloading and watching" kinda thing that I'm coming from. Before the thread got locked, I stated it's understandable if you download Blu-Ray 1080P rips, as each movie is like 40GB itself, so two would make it 80GB easy. But if you hit that much daily, well that is a lot of content you're downloading in 720P or 1080P. Where do you have the time to watch it all? Surely you have work and family/friend stuff to do.

I should have been more clear in my last post. I consume about 80-100GB/month. While I agree with you to a certain extent, I don't think that bandwidth consumption has much to do with having a life.

There are so many things that consume a lot of bandwidth. Video editing and constantly uploading and downloading files, downloading games, software, movies...etc. This can be 100% legal or not but it's irrelevant to this discussion. If someone downloads movies or games for someone else then they might be spending 1-2 minutes on initiating the file transfer and then 5-10 mins burning the file to DVD or transferring it to another hard drive.

BitTorrent Live Beta recently launched and I've been testing it out. This consumes a significant amount of bandwidth. As the quality of live streaming becomes better, the amount of bandwidth that will be consumed will also go up. 5-10 years ago, a very small percentage of people used 500GB/month. It's much more common now and in 5-10 years 1TB/month may not be that uncommon.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to technocar2

to technocar2
said by technocar2:

said by TypeS:

Those "supposed" issues are not universal on TekSavvy's network as I have yet to suffer anything you have described. So for all intents and purposes I see no difference the service I had before with Rogers and the one that I have now.

Teksavvy didn't even post a single official comment on that thread; and why would when its so obvious what the issue was...

You can claim anything you want but I have not had any issues with my individual service, even when connecting to servers in the EU.

I sympathize with those that do have speed issues but you can't claim its universal when it's not.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Heck Just This past week i have consumed 2tb+ of data... from 2-8 am
Expand your moderator at work

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to morisato

Premium Member

to morisato

Re: Rogers worried?

said by morisato:

The hard drive makers must simply LOVE you !
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

said by Davesnothere:

said by morisato:

The hard drive makers must simply LOVE you !

Also the Blank media Makers! they love me longtime.. P:)
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla to morisato

to morisato
said by morisato:

See previous posts. >.
Webslinger
Premium Member
join:2004-05-01

Webslinger to technocar2

Premium Member

to technocar2
said by technocar2:

Being on the McNicoll POI before migration?
Webslinger

Webslinger to technocar2

Premium Member

to technocar2
said by technocar2:

If its not POI congestion on TPIA its nightly congestion to Europe

In this case, I'm pretty sure it's the same thing. The McNicoll POI was horrible before migration, and the person complaining about Europe was on the (former) McNicoll POI.
quote:
if not that then its Youtube or other video streming site slowdowns.

Actually, I'm pretty interested in testing the Youtube video complaint now that I'm no longer on a POI. Someone have a link to a 1080p Youtube video that's been causing problems?