spc
Search similar:

uniqs
47717768 (banned)
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL

47717768 (banned)

[Rant] Monoprice.com return policy

Turns out Monoprice.com is not as good as we thought. I have not ordered anything for a long time from monoprice.com for sometime i was not aware they have gone bad.

1st of all you can't cancel your order even right after you place it.
2nd shipping is none refundable
3rd. quality?
»www.buzzfeed.com/jwherrm ··· m-the-in

Not sure if the quality has gone down the hill or not.

Bamafan2277
Premium Member
join:2008-09-20
Jeffersonville, IN

Bamafan2277

Premium Member

Monoprice has done well for me over the years. I always double check my order before I submit it.

1. The main reason monoprice probably won't let you cancel is that as soon as your payment is charged they are picking your stuff to send to you.
2. Most major online retailers will not refund shipping. If they did they would be in the red bad.
3. quality is as good or better than what you can buy in a local store for 3x or more the money.
billydunwood
join:2008-04-23
united state

billydunwood to 47717768

to 47717768
said by 47717768:

Turns out Monoprice.com is not as good as we thought. I have not ordered anything for a long time from monoprice.com for sometime i was not aware they have gone bad.

1st of all you can't cancel your order even right after you place it.
2nd shipping is none refundable
3rd. quality?
»www.buzzfeed.com/jwherrm ··· m-the-in

Not sure if the quality has gone down the hill or not.

The only time shipping Should be refundable is if they made a mistake. Now, if your telling me they made a mistake and they are not refunding shipping, that's a problem. But, I have been a happy Monoprice customer

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger to 47717768

Premium Member

to 47717768
For your information Newegg is the same way you have about 10 minutes to cancel the order. After that your credit card is charged for the amount.
Monoprice is so cheap that I will not even try return anything unless it is over $10.00 and their fault. I ordered some rca cables that I paid about $5.00 with shipping. When I got them they fitted so loose even with bend the tabs they would not stay in place. I just tossed them. That was not Monoprice fault. I ordered some more from them but paid about $10.00 for them. They fitted so tight that I almost had to hammer them on. They never did loosen up.
Even with Monoprice you get what you pay for.
47717768 (banned)
Birmingham, AL

1 edit

47717768 (banned)

I have ordered about $12 worth of cables. I may keep them as backups. As far as quality goes i think it is manufacturers fault. I do have one cable that does not fit into eSATA port, but hell i only have paid $2.45 shipped for it. The other one goes in tightly form a different manufacturer.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

My whole entertainment wiring is from Monoprice. The only time I had a problem was with the one set rca cables.
You can pay $100 fo0r a cable and could be bad.

michaelp95
Premium Member
join:2001-08-23
Tucson, AZ

michaelp95 to 47717768

Premium Member

to 47717768
I've bought a 50 ft ethernet cable from them before, it didn't work, I emailed them that it didn't work, they sent me a new cable told me to throw away the bad one, no need to ship back. Great customer service.
47717768 (banned)
Birmingham, AL

47717768 (banned)

said by michaelp95:

I've bought a 50 ft ethernet cable from them before, it didn't work, I emailed them that it didn't work, they sent me a new cable told me to throw away the bad one, no need to ship back. Great customer service.

This is why i have ordered from monoprice again, because of lifetime warranty on all cables.
Expand your moderator at work

47717768 (banned)

Monoprice.com Shuttered After Fraud Complaints

I know the news article is old yes, but Monoprice.com security breach? »krebsonsecurity.com/2010 ··· plaints/
»Best place to buy cat 6 cable?

Based on the comments in the article, it looks like some kid (buying iTunes. ) or a staff member was responsible for the security breach
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707 to 47717768

Premium Member

to 47717768

Re: [Rant] Monoprice.com return policy

Regarding shipping refunds. If you want to cancel the order before it's shipped then yes shipping should be refunded, assuming they let you cancel in the first place, if they don't let you cancel and it gets shipped that leads me into my next point. Once the item is shipped, consider that shipping cost "spent" it's a service not an item you're paying for. This really only applies to items you get and want to return, that original shipping is "gone" and should not be refunded to you (of course some merchants will refund it).
intok (banned)
join:2012-03-15

intok (banned) to 47717768

to 47717768
They were more then wiling to reapply a coupon code for me that was one time use only after I realized I had placed an order on the wrong set of earbuds(actually on 10 sets of them) in a large batch order I put together with a few people before the holidays.

Oh_No
Trogglus normalus
join:2011-05-21
Chicago, IL

Oh_No to 47717768

to 47717768
They are what they are.
A cheap supplier of cables, the prices are lower so us customers dont have to pay for customer service.

Basically they are a company that you can't make any mistakes when you order as they dont have the resources to fix your mistakes.
Shipping is always non refundable unless the item is defective, wrong, or the company made a mistake.

If its your mistake, you are SOL.
If it is the companies mistake then you should get all your money back. If the company refuses when it is their mistake then do a charge back on your credit card.