share rss forum feed

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1

[DIRECTV] Adding a Genie C31 Client

I may purchase another TV and I might add a C31 Client to the new TV. I am wondering what the cost would be. I can purchase one on SolidSignal.com for $99 and self install it. I just want to make sure I can activate it.

westdc

join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA
You can do that or -You can order a HD receiver or HDDVR - for the same monthly cost as a c31 $6 a month.

The use of another receiver will not take a tuner away from the genie - using live tv from another room with a c31 take up a tuner and could over time conflict with recordings.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
said by westdc:

You can do that or -You can order a HD receiver or HDDVR - for the same monthly cost as a c31 $6 a month.

The use of another receiver will not take a tuner away from the genie - using live tv from another room with a c31 take up a tuner and could over time conflict with recordings.

I called DirecTV to inquire about adding a client and they told me I'd have to take professional installation for $50 and and upgrade fee of $50 on top of the $99 receiver fee. I did not like the rep's attitude so I called back and asked about activating a receiver obtained through a third party (such as SolidSignal.com) and they said I could. Got much better service through the second rep.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner and I currently have DirecTV. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.