spc
uniqs

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to mustang50

to mustang50

Re: [HD] HD channels 1002-1900s

is the master channel lineup for just hd channels or all digital channels?

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by mikedz4:

is the master channel lineup for just hd channels or all digital channels?

It's for the entire lineup - SD and HD channels: »Standardized cable lineups coming soon

SD channels are numbered below 1000 and the HD channels above 1000, with HD # = SD # + 1000
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

1 edit

Os to mikedz4

to mikedz4
Petersburg, VA (zip code 23801) was a lineup Comcast didn't update at all from when they purchased it from Adelphia, and last year they gave it the only instance I know of with the MCLU for all channels.

If you want to see it, just enter it into any guide. Those should be the channel numbers you see everywhere eventually, although there are a few differences with the HD numbers in some areas where the HD's moved into the 1000's earlier like Indiana and Philadelphia.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

2 edits

Mike Wolf to telcodad

to telcodad
Will all the HD channels be above the 1000 mark and all the SD channels be below the 1000 mark? Theres gonna be a lot of channel relearning, especially in my area where they moved the HD channels from the 200's to the 800's and 1000's.

See I'm confused osravens, because Weather Channel HD by me is 815, BBC America HD is 1225, Destination America HD is 873, we don't have AXS TV HD, PBS Kids Sprout HD is 1505, Fox Soccer HD is 1512 (I'm in New Jersey), Ovation HD is 1345, we don't have Crime & Invest. HD, we don't have IndiePlex HD, we don't have Retroplex HD, TVGN HD is 1316, we don't have CSPAN2 HD. Will this mean that these channels will again be moving to the numbers you're seeing?

Isn't Petersburg, Virginia 23803, 23804, and 23805? Because the zip you gave doesn't come up as anywhere.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to Os

Premium Member

to Os
Nice find on Petersburg Ravens.....

That WILL be a lot to learn...

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to Mike Wolf

MVM

to Mike Wolf
said by Mike Wolf:

Will all the HD channels be above the 1000 mark and all the SD channels be below the 1000 mark?

Yes, once the transition to the MCLU is completed ("Phase 2") in an area, with the HD channels no longer being "double-mapped": »Re: Comcast HD Positioning
said by Mike Wolf:

Theres gonna be a lot of channel relearning, especially in my area where they moved the HD channels from the 200's to the 800's and 1000's.

Yeah, that's one of the possible reasons that I mentioned in that post for why the MCLU has yet to be deployed in our area yet: "maybe they're just allowing some time to pass since the last (HD) channel realignment (just last August in my area)?"

BTW - From this channel lineup I came across for the Hartford, CT area »www.comcast.com/Customer ··· CGID=796 , it looks like all their HD channels are now located in the 1000's, but their SD channels haven't been moved to those "Genre-based locations" yet.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

All my HD channels in the 800's through 1000's came in the World Of More rollout in 2011 and I think 6 months later they stopped simulcasting the initial handful of HD channels I'd had for years located in the 200's. I'm concerned that everything will have to be relearned again if Comcast starts doing stuff. My zipcode is 08722 under the Comcast Toms River Digital if you wanna check out my lineup. On a separate note, what exactly is the difference between Comcast (insert town name) Digital and Comcast (insert town name) CableCard? From everything I've compared they are identical channel by channel.
Os
US

Os to Mike Wolf

to Mike Wolf
In the Northeast, the channels are in the 800's. The new additions have been in the 1000's, many in peculiar locations, especially in Philadelphia.

The lineup in Petersburg is where they're supposed to be, but even Comcast can't get the MCLU right.

The channels I've mentioned are the places in the 1000's where the channels mostly are in those areas.

And Petersburg is zip code 23801.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

This website says it's not »www.zip-codes.com/city/V ··· BURG.asp and the post office has Fort Lee, Va with only an "acceptable city" for Petersberg, Va. »tools.usps.com/go/ZipLoo ··· 801&zip=
When 23801 is put into Comcast's lineup no town shows up, just the "recommended lineup"

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to Os

to Os
it's probably going to be another 3 or 4 years before every digital lineup is the same. Hopefully by that time they will have over 200 hd channels including more sports hd channels like other providers.
Os
US

Os to Mike Wolf

to Mike Wolf
Use Zap2it, and 23801 will work for Petersburg.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

I'l check it out. I put in the other zipcodes for Petersburg and am impressed by the complexity (compared to my system) of how the channels are laid out.

PGHammer
join:2003-06-09
Accokeek, MD

PGHammer to telcodad

to telcodad
And a LOT of the Beltway Region hasn't gotten rid of their double-mapping (here in Prince George's County, MD, we still have our double-mapping in the old HD block (200-251) and the newer block (800+ - it tops at 941)). We have no channels above 941 (Latino/International channels are all in the 700 block) here in PG.