When examing this user's Testmy results
, and knowing after a tech came out this Friday and peaked the dish (with testmy results going from good to bad there ater, »Upload :: 64 Kbps
), these results and data shown there in that thread would tend to rule out a defective TRIA, I would assume.
When I first came onboard Exede-5 in March 2012, I was using the 10.74.101.1 pathway without issues.
At a later time, I switched routers and was placed upon and still am on 10.74.101.17 pathway. Some months ago, I had a discussion with an Exede-12 user who I believe was on this same path, and he had issues also. If I recall correctly, his Gateway was in Texas, but he was being piped to Phoenix server.
As speculation, I suspect strongly something is amiss on this 10.74.101.17 pathway, and/or equipment engaged in this pathway.
Since the upload timing suggests at times a throttling device is involved, I can only wonder if programming, connections, or faulty hardware is the culprit.
I did an upload after midnight tonight, it was a whooper 13 Kbps. I sincerely hope ViaSat will eradicate this issue in the near future.
Something is different between these pathways:
I might add I did a tracert and testmy upload test after posting this.
The tracert showed good ping response times in ViaSat's system, which is a good sign. During busier times, they are not shown, which suggests a "stressed" system.
But, notice in the graph (via testmy run), I seem to be capped at Wildblue legacy speeds...around 512 Kbps...which would suggest a traffic shapping program is involved.
I'm on Exede-5, not Wildblue Legacy. This was around 1:22 AM CDT, and in this beam, WB-1:163, on a Saturday AM, most all folks have hit the sac.
|reply to DrStrangLov |
As suggested via Shane, minimum cable length recommended by WB/Exede is 20 foot, maximum is 150,
so I bought off of ebay 20' of PERFECT VISION 80SC, which was Wildblue approved as of 4/23/2007.
About same upload speed, some 23 Kbps.
As noted before today,
»Rx SNR: 12.5 dB
Rx SNR in running in 12.5 dB neighborhood, but Cable Attenuation, as seen is running around 3.2 dB, which is a tidbit higher than original Wildblue cable installed some seven years ago where I live.
SB2 Modem stats indicate this system is Good To Go; No Issues. And since cable was replaced, ain't no issue with a fresh cable.
Thus, these slow upload speeds could be due to one of the four items mentioned below:
2. Traffic Management Software
3. NOC sending out command to modem for reducing uplink speed greatly
4. Infrastructure SNAFU & Screwing the Pooch programming
After tech peaked this dish on 19 April around 10 AM, the upload speed was around one Mbps, and thereafter it plummeted. I have seen an upload speed peak at 519 Kbps, but as this list shows,
this is not the norm.
|reply to DrStrangLov |
Friday mid morning, I drove 40 extra miles out of my way to visit with my Coop provider. SVT data showed good on their end, and it shows good on my end. Rx SNR: 12.4 dB
As can be seen from today's Testmy tests,
»Current Status Friday April 26, 2013
upload speed has improved about 10 Kbps, but its running at 25-Kbps today.
Coop clerk did indicate they had replaced a while back a TRIA/Modem on another customer, but no improvement. I don't know if that was Wildblue Legacy or Exede-5 install.
Since this is not a customer premise issue, as based upon Exede's SVT stats
, then there are three areas that could account now for this upload slowdown:
1. Traffic Management Software
2. NOC sending out command to modem for reducing uplink speed greatly
3. Infrastructure SNAFU and/or Screwing the Pooch programming
As noted before, after dish was peaked last Friday, Testmy showed an upload speed of 841 Kbps, but there after, in the Toliet upload speeds for majority of upload tests.
Note - Greenwich mean time is being used when viewing data points.
|reply to DrStrangLov |
Update - Apparently this upload speed matter is being considered via Exede/ViaSat currently.
Good News - Notice in displayed photo that my SB-2 system is running "6% faster than my average" of 24Kbps
on upload side. In Window's network tab displayed, the upload is represented via small spikes (which took some 60 seconds), and tall spikes towards the end represents Testmy sending page view.
I've gone on upload speeds from around 7 Kbps to 25 Kbps....Progress, hey
Download speed during primetime tonight is decent around 3 Mbps:
Update - Since end of April, ViaSat is without resolution.
Uploads still running around 25 Kbps.
After reviewing my Testmy results, it appears 12 April (Friday) may point to when uploads went into a nose dive.
Imho, as based upon SVT stats, and uplink performance just after the re-peak, I'd say the issue points directly to NOC sending out a command.
Will the ViaSat person examine this aspect....still waiting.
|reply to DrStrangLov | said by DrStrangLov:
...in March 2012, I was using the 10.74.101.1 pathway without issues....I switched routers and was placed upon and still am on 10.74.101.17 pathway.
I powered down SB-2 Modem around 6:30 AM, and then re-powered it around 2:20 PM today.
Pathway was flipped, and now back on 10.74.101.1
First Testmy test today:
On two different pathways,
Good Exede-5 upload speeds were possible....but now, during noon-hour, Exede-5 is in the toilet again on WB-1:163
Most interesting....I suspect NOC is sending a slow down command to this user's SB-2 Modem.
Upload :: 25 Kbps
I rebooted SB-2 Modem, and upload speed came back up