« Middle georgia area[FL] Speed increase email - Pensacola »
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 ... 12 · 13 · 14 · next
JoshuaCA
join:2011-04-06
Chula Vista, CA

JoshuaCA to Waitn

to Waitn

Re: [CA] Upgrades SoCal?

That was not a typo, Ultimate will be at 100, NOT 150.

Apologies, but I can't really speak to the specifics.

I will say that our Engineering groups over the past 6 months have been (and continue to be) putting in what I would consider to be a Herculean effort, and that you can’t always do everything you want to do at exactly the same time.

Just a bit over 3 weeks...Believe me, I'm at least as excited (and anxious) as anyone here over getting the new speeds!
skaforey
join:2003-02-12
Santee, CA

skaforey

Wow, wow, and more wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I am really disappointed that we have waited almost 9 months since the first speed upgrades have occurred (while paying the same rates) and now finding out WE STILL won't be getting the same speeds as just about everyone else.

SoCal gets the proverbial shaft once again
cookiesowns
join:2010-08-31
Irvine, CA

cookiesowns

I'm guessing that we aren't getting 100megs because not all of the infrastructure is in place to support 150/188 in all neighborhoods.

100megs and 20 up isn't anything to laugh at, however if Premier is getting 50/10, then I believe I'll be downgrading soon.

Waitn
@cox.net

Waitn

Anon

Well, I just got an email from Cox this morning about the upcoming (though slower/less than expected) upgrades. They said:

------------------------------------------
WE'RE MAKING FAST EVEN FASTER.

In the spirit of providing you the best service possible, we'll be upgrading your Cox High Speed Internet so it's faster than ever before - with top speeds up to 100 Mbps! In just a few short weeks, this automatic speed increase will power all of your devices so you can stream HD videos, download music, upload photos and more...even faster.

JUST SIT BACK AND RELAX, SO YOU CAN ENJOY YOUR EVEN FASTER COX HIGH SPEED INTERNET."

------------------------------------------

While I am very happy to finally get a little love from Cox, I still have to say that the length of time it has taken to do this and the slower-than-expected new speeds that the huge Southern California market is getting is simply unsatisfactory. If Cox thinks this is considered OK to give the SoCal market slower speeds than virtually all their other markets for the same price, they are wrong. This is incredibly bad PR for Cox and creates the perception that Cox does not value the huge and highly profitable customer base in this market. I would hope this is not the case and that Cox will make this right and treat our market much better than this very, very soon.

The bottom line for me is I will be downgrading my Cox home internet tier from Ultimate down one or two levels to save money and we will use our new blazing fast wireless LTE devices (on an unlimited plan with a full signal at my house, I might add) much more as a result.

I hope Cox's management is reading this because this is a highly competitive market and, in my opinion, so far Cox has failed.
strickt619
join:2013-10-02

strickt619

So I just got this email as well and I'm a bit confused. I'm on the Premium Account I believe (25mbps upload). Am I now being upgraded for free to a 100Mbps speed?

ummmmmmmmm
@cox.net

ummmmmmmmm

Anon

said by strickt619:

Depending on your service up to 100.. Someone posted that premier will be 50 down and 10 up I think

Dsm1995
join:2010-04-14
San Diego, CA

Dsm1995

what about perfered tier? im @ 18/2.. hope the price wont go up too if it dowes ill just drop to a cheaper tier

Metal Head
Premium Member
join:2001-02-15
Escondido, CA
ARRIS SB6141
D-Link DIR-655 Rev. C

Metal Head

Premium Member

said by Dsm1995:

what about perfered tier? im @ 18/2.. hope the price wont go up too if it dowes ill just drop to a cheaper tier

Preferred will go to 25/5

unfeo
@cox.net

unfeo

Anon

Any official word if business accounts will get the same speed increases? I have 50/5 at work. A 20Mbit upload would be great for my cloud backups.
jincuteguy
join:2003-10-12
San Diego, CA

jincuteguy

said by unfeo :

Any official word if business accounts will get the same speed increases? I have 50/5 at work. A 20Mbit upload would be great for my cloud backups.

If you have 50/5 right now which is Ultimate, it will increase to 100 / 20
rdsport323
join:2001-05-28
Irvine, CA

rdsport323 to Dsm1995

to Dsm1995
I believe there will be a $6 increase on your monthly bill starting next month for your internet service. It was posted a month ago... the increase is for all customers in all Cox markets.

ancro
@cox.net

ancro to JoshuaCA

Anon

to JoshuaCA
is essential being upgraded? haven't seen it mentioned though i still got an upgrade email

Waitn
@cox.net

Waitn to rdsport323

Anon

to rdsport323
said by rdsport323:

I believe there will be a $6 increase on your monthly bill starting next month for your internet service. It was posted a month ago... the increase is for all customers in all Cox markets.

That would be awesome. I'd be glad to hear that the SoCal market is subsidizing the higher speeds in all the other Cox markets. Thanks Cox.

Dicks.
jincuteguy
San Diego, CA

jincuteguy

I thought they already increased the rate a while ago before these speed increase.
ximage
join:2001-07-10
Chula Vista, CA

ximage

I just got my bill and yes it was increase $7..if AT&T wasn't so crappy here I would switch
jincuteguy
San Diego, CA

jincuteguy

Did anyone get the speed upgrade yet in any SoCal area? I guess none as of yet.

JmGx
join:2003-04-08
San Diego, CA

JmGx

Still 17/3 on Prefered ;(

Metal Head
Premium Member
Escondido, CA

Metal Head to jincuteguy

Premium Member

to jincuteguy
If I read Joshua post at the top of this page he said on Sept 23rd that they should start in a bit over 3 weeks so that would make the rollouts somewhere starting the 15th or 23rd of this month.

They usually happen on a Tuesday.
DarkFlow
join:2011-09-04
Lakeside, CA

1 edit

DarkFlow to Cox User

to Cox User
Just got a little pop up from cox saying they would be taking my internet down for upgrades between 1am and 5am this week. Said it would happen Tues, Wed, Or Thurs. In the 92040 zip code, Lakeside area.

Dsm1995
join:2010-04-14
San Diego, CA

Dsm1995

I got that forced popup too iim ny SDSU

Service Interruption Notification

Dear Valued Customer,

Over the next week, Cox will be performing upgrades in your neighborhood. The majority of this work will be completed between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday to minimize any inconvenience to you. We appreciate your patience as we complete these upgrades to enhance our network and ensure an even better customer experience.

Thank you,

Cox Communications

I thought thy couldn't force a popup if netsend is disabled or am I missing somthing
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

Why Tuesday? My modem went offline on a Thursday NEVER ever on a Monday/Friday

So far, Florida hasn't gotten that letter, also

-Rob
Anon00
Premium Member
join:2001-09-25
USA

Anon00 to Dsm1995

Premium Member

to Dsm1995
Dude I just got the pop-up too. That's disturbing. Hijacking a webpage is uncalled for.
jincuteguy
San Diego, CA

jincuteguy

Yea same I just got a pop up too. So I guess starting next week the 21st?

Towelliee
@cox.net

Towelliee

Anon

Confirmed witrh tech that in Chula Vista areas 10/17 upgrades going out. I am on Ultimate my speed will be 100 down 20 Up. 100/20 Can't wait

Waitn
@cox.net

Waitn

Anon

100Mb down will be a nice upgrade for those of us on Ultimate, but 150Mbp+ like the rest of their markets would be MUCH better. Is there an engineering plan to get us to the full 150Mbps speed anytime soon or does Cox plan to just let our market fall behind the rest of their network in capability?

Any Cox employee here in this forum know? JoshuaCA?

Anon356
@cox.net

Anon356

Anon

I agree with Waitn. I too would like to know if they plan on upgrading it to 150Mbps+ just like the rest of the markets.
jincuteguy
San Diego, CA

jincuteguy

Damn even Towelliee is reading these forums Btw, I saw you and your g/f at the San Diego Fry's this weekend. The one that is close to Walmart, was it really you? cuase I swear I saw you guys were looking at the keyboard section.
whosmatt
join:2005-02-28
San Diego, CA

whosmatt to Cox User

to Cox User
Just got this popup from Cox:

"Over the next week, Cox will be performing upgrades in your neighborhood. The majority of this work will be completed between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday to minimize any inconvenience to you. We appreciate your patience as we complete these upgrades to enhance our network and ensure an even better customer experience."

Looks like it's finally happening. I'm 92105
bleomycin
join:2010-11-28
Newport Coast, CA

bleomycin to Cox User

to Cox User
I'm out of town, has anyone in OC gotten this popup yet or just san diego area?

Metal Head
Premium Member
Escondido, CA

1 edit

Metal Head to Cox User

Premium Member

to Cox User
We also got the popup today.