Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

thetick

join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

4 edits

List of Live on-line TV channels?

Verizon's online TV listings are mostly video clips. What live same as TV service channels are available on-line for those with FIOS TV service. Please don't list illegal distribution from questionable sources. Also I don't get premiums so I can't verify them.

So far I have only found:

Verizon TV account required:
-----------------------------
CNN
HLN
CNBC
MSNBC
NBC family : Sports Network, live sporting events from NBC, Golf Channel
ESPN family with ESPN Watch
BTN
Cartoon Network
YES ($29.99 additional fee for season...)
Cartoon Network
EPIX
HBO GO
MAX GO
Showtime
TruTV/TBS/TNT (listed in another forum but did not find?)

Available for various cable accounts but not for Verizon FIOS TV accounts! Need to be added to Verizon Ideas.
-------------------------
Fox News
Disney
Disney Jr

Free to anyone no authentication:
---------------------------------
NASA
BYUTV
Aereo (NYC locals only 1 hr/day is free)

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

FiOS also has NBC Sports Live Extra.
»stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/

It used to be limited to NHL on NBC and Golf, they have expanded it give you access to live sporting events from NBC, Golf Channel and NBC Sports Network.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

1 edit
reply to thetick

said by thetick:

Available but not through Verizon FIOS TV account!
-------------------------
Fox News
Disney
Disney Jr

What links are you using for Disney streaming as I've not been able to find their official live stream?

BTW if its not an official link thats fine, only point is probably do not want to have officially listed then.

bohratom

Red Bank NJ
reply to icemannyr1

said by icemannyr1:

FiOS also has NBC Sports Live Extra.
»stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/

FIOS does have a link for the Live stream, you just have to click on the "Watch NOW" when you choose NBCsports From the FIOS TV Networks online.

icemannyr1

»watchdisneychannel.go.com/

bohratom

Red Bank NJ

Seems Verizon does not yet have a contract for the live feed..

thetick

White Plains, NY

1 edit

Which is exactly Why Disney is listed in the following section:
Available but not through Verizon FIOS TV account!

Also I updated my first post with NBC SN. Thanks! Any others i missed?

bohratom

Red Bank NJ

said by thetick:

Available but not through Verizon FIOS TV account.

I bet I'm not the only one who thought that "Available but not through Verizon Fios TV account" meant its just not listed in the Verizon TV listing......

thetick

White Plains, NY

said by bohratom:

said by thetick:

Available but not through Verizon FIOS TV account.

I bet I'm not the only one who thought that "Available but not through Verizon Fios TV account" meant its just not listed in the Verizon TV listing......

Yea that was bad wording. Hopefully it's more clear with "Available for various cable accounts but not for Verizon FIOS TV accounts!"

jh28

@verizon.net

showtimeanytime.com

bohratom

Red Bank NJ

said by jh28 :

showtimeanytime.com

Showtime is listed...

troyh72
Premium
join:2003-12-12
Keller, TX
reply to thetick

Here is a complete list, you may have to log into your account first to see it.

»entertainment.verizon.com/tv/3/b···etworks/

thetick

White Plains, NY

1 edit

said by troyh72:

Here is a complete list, you may have to log into your account first to see it.

»entertainment.verizon.com/tv/3/b···etworks/

Yes but that link has all the video clips. I'm specifically looking for only the live TV channels.

wmcbrine
213 251 145 96

join:2002-12-30
Laurel, MD
kudos:1
reply to thetick

Here are the channels that are available over the Internet via the Fios app on my LG Blu-Ray player (and the way it lists them):

101 CNN HL
107 BBC WNews
123 I.D.
125 MIL TV
126 MIL HIST
127 H2
144 OXYGEN
160 STYLE
161 OWN
167 DIY
191 G4
194 TVGN
211 MTV2
213 MTVJams
219 VH1SOUL
220 Centric
230 TCM
240 HALMRK
244 TVLAND
254 NickToons
255 TeenNick
256 Nick Jr.
257 CARTOON
258 BOOM
260 Disney Jr
263 Sprout
271 TV ONE
274 Galavisn
550 USA HD
551 TNT HD
552 TBS HD
553 FX HD
554 SPIKE HD
572 ESPNewsHD
588 NFL HD
600 CNN HD
602 CNBC HD
603 MSNBC HD
617 FoxBusHD
618 FoxNewsHD
620 Disc HD
621 NGCHD
622 Sci HD
628 History HD
630 ANPL HD
632 NG WildHD
639 TLC HD
640 Lifetim HD
641 LMN HD
649 WE tv HD
664 FOOD HD
665 HGTV HD
670 Travel HD
680 Syfy HD
681 A&E HD
683 truTV HD
685 Bravo HD
689 BBCA HD
690 COMEDY HD
696 E! HD
699 ABCF HD
710 MTV HD
717 VH1 HD
721 CMT HD
731 AMC HD
734 IFC HD
752 NICK HD
770 BET HD
780 Disney HD
781 DXD HD
789 The HubHD
895 EPIX HD
899 HBO HD
902 HBO2HD
920 MAX HD

Is that what you were looking for?
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

thetick

White Plains, NY

1 edit

said by wmcbrine:

Here are the channels that are available over the Internet via the Fios app on my LG Blu-Ray player (and the way it lists them):

No those require an LG/Samsung/Xbox hardware. I'm creating the list of live on-line channel viewable from a web browser.
Expand your moderator at work

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
reply to thetick

Re: List of Live on-line TV channels?

said by thetick:

said by wmcbrine:

No those require an LG/Samsung/Xbox hardware. I'm creating the list of live on-line channel viewable from a web browser.

I'm looking for the same information. It doesn't seem like that many are available. Most of them are just On Demand shows. Where is this TV Everywhere that seems to be the next big thing? I want to be able to watch live TV on my computer from anywhere. Right now I had to subscribe to another service (besides Verizon) called Nimble TV. It lets you watch and record most channels from anywhere. The service is new and has some bugs, but until Verizon starts offering live TV on the PC, I have to spend even more money a month.

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
reply to thetick

HBO GO, MAX GO and Showtime Anytime are not live streaming services, only catch-up TV services.

NFL Network and NFL Redzone are available to FiOS customers on-line.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

1 edit

said by UnnDunn:

HBO GO, MAX GO and Showtime Anytime are not live streaming services, only catch-up TV services.

...as are (at least) live feeds from MSNBC, CNBC, CNN, Headline News, and the ESPN networks.

knarf829

join:2007-06-02
kudos:1
reply to matcarl

said by matcarl:

Right now I had to subscribe to another service (besides Verizon) called Nimble TV. It lets you watch and record most channels from anywhere. The service is new and has some bugs, but until Verizon starts offering live TV on the PC, I have to spend even more money a month.

There's no way this is legal, right? I mean, maybe if you're in the market that you're subscribing to (like Aereo), maybe, but not subscribing through a bogus address.

And by "not legal" I don't mean you as a subscriber being some kind of pirate - I mean they'll probably be shut down soon so don't go prepaying.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY

They claim to be legal and you get billed monthly on your credit card. I don't see them lasting very long, but right now I have the service. I don't know how much of a market there can be for something like this if someone already has cable.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY
reply to knarf829

They don't have a phone number which worries me, but they always answer my emails pretty quickly with technical help.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY

1 edit
reply to PJL

said by PJL:

said by UnnDunn:

...as are (at least) live feeds from MSNBC, CNBC, and the ESPN networks.

I see MSNBC, CNN, CNBC. Thanks for the info. There really aren't that many as of now, it's very limited. They also take very long to load. Hopefully more choices will be available in the future.

icemannyr1

2 edits

I did not realize some channels that don't offer live streaming on their websites like MSNBC can be accessed on the web via My Verizon.

The MSNBC feed on »entertainment.verizon.com/tv/3/p···ive-mrss is very good HD quality video and different from the FiOS TV app as it has no commercials.

Verizon needs to make it easier to access live tv channels on My Verizon.

I also don't get why FiOS lets you access live channels on the iPad FiOS app but do not with the iPhone FiOS app.

bohratom

Red Bank NJ

said by icemannyr1:

Verizon needs to make it easier to access live tv channels on My Verizon.

All they need to do is duplicate their program guide online with channels they currently stream. Every customer would know the interface and also the channel number would correspond (aka MSNBC would be listed as 103 or 603 depending on if the stream is HD or not.) Yes the guide would be small but as more channels offer live streaming it will grow.

I think the interface they have now is simply done to minimize the amount of people who stream online...

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
reply to icemannyr1

said by icemannyr1:

I also don't get why FiOS lets you access live channels on the iPad FiOS app but do not with the iPhone FiOS app.

Perhaps because the iPhone processor can't handle the load whereas the iPad can? Just a thought...

webcobbler

join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

That's a good thought. But I do not think that that is the case.

I say this because I have the original 1st Gen iPad, and I can get and play this app with no problems. It is slower, mind you, but that is because I am running it on the original iPad compared to my Father's 4th Gen iPad. Which is obviously much faster to load the app, etc.

I also have the iPhone 5, but there is no app for these phones. I do not think it has anything to do with the processors of the phones. ESPN and its WatchESPN app works on both devices.

I just think that in this case, it is Verizon's call not to have this streaming app for phones. Maybe it's because the iPad has a bigger screen, and that was there thinking, idk.

JayMan 007

join:2005-07-18
Richmond, VA
reply to thetick

They need to develop roku and appleTV apps.
One for Panasonic TVs would be nice as well.

thetick

White Plains, NY

said by JayMan 007:

They need to develop roku and appleTV apps.
One for Panasonic TVs would be nice as well.

And this is the real problem. They need an app for 27+ different platforms so the implementation for all them will be extremely poor at best.. which is exactly what we see.

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

I have an AppleTV and see no need for a Verizon app on it. There are enough apps and links already in the basic product that I can always find something to watch if I'm not watching Verizon FiOS channels.

MLB.TV is nice, even without a paid subscription. There are two-minute HD roundups of every game played, plus schedules, scores, and standings.

YouTube videos are all over the lot in picture quality but they seem to look better and play without stuttering using the AppleTV than Verizon's YouTube widget.

And the AppleTV doesn't tie up a DVR tuner, so I can record two other programs while watching via AppleTV.