arahman56 to HeadSpinning

to HeadSpinning

Re: Rogers worried?

Does the Do-Not-Call work ANYWHERE?

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

Been a Rogers customer for 60 years. That being said, I think Rogers are a pack of thieves. Got tired of their phone calls trying to sell me more crap so I simply told them if they ever called back I was contacting the police and laying charges (criminal harassment). That was 2 years ago and they've never called here since.
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose to arahman56

to arahman56
said by arahman56:

The national do-not-call list doesn't work the way people think it does. Companies you do business with are completely exempt. The only way to legally make them stop if they insist on harassing you with cross-selling is to end your service with them. At that point, they are not allowed to contact you by phone if you are on the DNC list.

Of course, a company's internal DNC is completely their own business and they can choose to put you on it or not. Threatening them with terminating all services usually wakes them up to the point of putting you on the list.

random
@teksavvy.com

random to arahman56

Anon

to arahman56
>Does the Do-Not-Call work ANYWHERE?

It works much better without using the DNC on my new DID# on my VoIP. Not having the Telco and the DNC selling my personal info for money seems to help a lot.

I had a handful non-recurring last year, but I add them to my CallerID filter at voip.ms as soon as I hung up. I have zero cold telemarketing calls so far this year. I have given my new (unlisted by default) DID # more frequently on mail ordering from new vendors and rebates centers than before.

As for Rogers door-to-door, I mailed their HQ and gave them a last warning about criminal harrassment and trespassing a couple of years back and so far they have not come back.

andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb to The Mongoose

Premium Member

to The Mongoose
said by The Mongoose:

said by arahman56:

The national do-not-call list doesn't work the way people think it does. Companies you do business with are completely exempt. The only way to legally make them stop if they insist on harassing you with cross-selling is to end your service with them. At that point, they are not allowed to contact you by phone if you are on the DNC list.

Of course, a company's internal DNC is completely their own business and they can choose to put you on it or not. Threatening them with terminating all services usually wakes them up to the point of putting you on the list.

Actually they can still harass you upto 9 months after leaving them if I remember it correctly
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose

said by andyb:

Actually they can still harass you upto 9 months after leaving them if I remember it correctly

Oh yeah, I should have mentioned, it's not instant. Good point. Not sure of the period of time, 9 months seems high but I wouldn't rule it out.