join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to geokilla

to geokilla

Re: Rogers worried?

said by geokilla:

said by Webslinger:

said by geokilla:

Only downside is 200GB/month compared to 300GB/month.

Uploads on Teksavvy don't count towards the monthly limit--nor does dowloading between 2 a.m. and 8 a.m.

I count them to be safe. Still well below 200GB/month for me. I can get into the whole spiel of downloading the Internet again, but DSLR will just think I'm trolling by voicing my opinion.

Voicing your opinion and insulting people who use their internet for heavier file downloading are not the same thing.

You were doing the latter a few weeks ago in another thread.
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

1 edit

geokilla

said by TypeS:

Voicing your opinion and insulting people who use their internet for heavier file downloading are not the same thing.

Because it's normal for someone to download like 100GB a day... But ok. Sorry for having a life.

Like I said in the thread that got deleted, even if your family members were using it, thus using 100GB/day, that's still a lot of Internet and sitting in front of a computer or TV. I mean people have work, school, etc. Please give me an example of how you can use 100GB/day. And don't give me the BS Linux distros.

I guess in order to prevent thread from getting locked, PM me.
Rastan
join:2007-04-25
Canada

Rastan

I've never understood the "you must have no life since you download so much" argument. I'm usually at around 80-100GB but if I wanted to download more, it wouldn't take up much time since I don't have to sit and watch the monitor as the files are downloading.

You can start 10+ downloads at 11pm, leave your PC on and go to bed and the files will have completed by morning. Would someone who does this have a more active life if they didn't download those files? It doesn't make any sense.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to geokilla

to geokilla
said by geokilla:

said by TypeS:

Because it's normal for someone to download like 100GB a day... But ok. Sorry for having a life.

Like I said in the thread that got deleted, even if your family members were using it, thus using 100GB/day, that's still a lot of Internet and sitting in front of a computer or TV. I mean people have work, school, etc. Please give me an example of how you can use 100GB/day. And don't give me the BS Linux distros.

There can be any number of reasons to download that much data in one day, not of all of it has to be related to media like film & TV. You're being quite block headed by trying force your lifestyle as the only way of having a life. And BTW, I'd say you say you have no life since you spend your time here either crying like a fake victim or making insults to people who get more use out of their internet connection.

I personally only use 20-30GB a day, some days not even 10, but everyone's different.

BTC Kevin
join:2011-10-01
Nepean, ON

BTC Kevin

for FAX many VOIP providers can have fax support, but need to protocol enabled with them, and on the ATA.

if you can't find a fax voip, then FAX-to-PDF-EMAIL services are available. and you can even print to the fax and it'll send.

example: »www.myfax.com/
BTC Kevin

BTC Kevin to TypeS

to TypeS
said by TypeS:

said by geokilla:

said by TypeS:

There can be any number of reasons to download that much data in one day, not of all of it has to be related to media like film & TV. You're being quite block headed by trying force your lifestyle as the only way of having a life. And BTW, I'd say you say you have no life since you spend your time here either crying like a fake victim or making insults to people who get more use out of their internet connection.

I personally only use 20-30GB a day, some days not even 10, but everyone's different.

I've downloaded 400GB from Playstation network before. Purchased like 30 games. and had to download em all.
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError

said by BTC Kevin:

I've downloaded 400GB from Playstation network before. Purchased like 30 games. and had to download em all.

In the same month? And you played them all?

If I bought 30 games in one month, I wouldn't know where to start and forget to play half of them if not more.
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla to TypeS

to TypeS
said by TypeS:

said by geokilla:

said by TypeS:

Ok what else are you doing aside from media content that warrants use of 20GB to 30GB a day? I can't think of anything other than media content where you would use so much Internet per day. Ya BTC mentioned games, but that's more of a one time download thing, unless you delete it and need to download it again or whatever.

I'm not forcing anyone to have whatever lifestyle, but again, 80GB a day is a lot. They chose that lifestyle, and no one can stop them but themselves. Not sure how you got this fake victim thing either, just because I'm trying to be rational.
said by Rastan:

I've never understood the "you must have no life since you download so much" argument. I'm usually at around 80-100GB but if I wanted to download more, it wouldn't take up much time since I don't have to sit and watch the monitor as the files are downloading.

You can start 10+ downloads at 11pm, leave your PC on and go to bed and the files will have completed by morning. Would someone who does this have a more active life if they didn't download those files? It doesn't make any sense.

It's more of the "What the hell are you downloading and watching" kinda thing that I'm coming from. Before the thread got locked, I stated it's understandable if you download Blu-Ray 1080P rips, as each movie is like 40GB itself, so two would make it 80GB easy. But if you hit that much daily, well that is a lot of content you're downloading in 720P or 1080P. Where do you have the time to watch it all? Surely you have work and family/friend stuff to do.
said by InvalidError:

said by BTC Kevin:

In the same month? And you played them all?

If I bought 30 games in one month, I wouldn't know where to start and forget to play half of them if not more.

Sniped...
said by TypeS:

said by technocar2:

said by XR999:

I mean seriously Rogers, the only advantage that your "offer" has over my current TekSavvy cable service is the increased download speed. Otherwise I have 100GB more bandwidth, pay $5 less a month, experience no DNS BS, I don't have some c*** modem/Wi-Fi combo and TekSavvy doesn't call you every couple of months with "offers" because all you have is Internet service through them.

Oh...please cry me a river. How hard is it to change a DNS server; you are making the combo modem issue bigger than it needs to be; a couple of calls to customer fulfillment and they will have you set up with a third party stand alone modem; go into My Rogers and change the marketing options and they will stop calling you with "offers."

Plus, you and I both know the issues teksavvy has during the evening which rogers just doesn't have at the moment! If its not POI congestion on TPIA its nightly congestion to Europe; if not that then its Youtube or other video streming site slowdowns. Please...teksavvy is not as reliable as rogers. Nothing you can say will change that!

Those "supposed" issues are not universal on TekSavvy's network as I have yet to suffer anything you have described. So for all intents and purposes I see no difference the service I had before with Rogers and the one that I have now.

They may not be universal, but if they affect you, well then you're not gonna have a good opinion on their service. For me, I got issues watching Twitch and YouTube at 720P and 1080P. However I haven't updated that thread lately because I haven't watched much at night for the past few days. Today, I am facing another issue though, and that's slow Internet browsing. No matter what site I go to, it's taking longer than normal for the site to load.

Of course, the problem may only be limited to me or my area, so you won't be affected.
Rastan
join:2007-04-25
Canada

Rastan

said by geokilla:

It's more of the "What the hell are you downloading and watching" kinda thing that I'm coming from. Before the thread got locked, I stated it's understandable if you download Blu-Ray 1080P rips, as each movie is like 40GB itself, so two would make it 80GB easy. But if you hit that much daily, well that is a lot of content you're downloading in 720P or 1080P. Where do you have the time to watch it all? Surely you have work and family/friend stuff to do.

I should have been more clear in my last post. I consume about 80-100GB/month. While I agree with you to a certain extent, I don't think that bandwidth consumption has much to do with having a life.

There are so many things that consume a lot of bandwidth. Video editing and constantly uploading and downloading files, downloading games, software, movies...etc. This can be 100% legal or not but it's irrelevant to this discussion. If someone downloads movies or games for someone else then they might be spending 1-2 minutes on initiating the file transfer and then 5-10 mins burning the file to DVD or transferring it to another hard drive.

BitTorrent Live Beta recently launched and I've been testing it out. This consumes a significant amount of bandwidth. As the quality of live streaming becomes better, the amount of bandwidth that will be consumed will also go up. 5-10 years ago, a very small percentage of people used 500GB/month. It's much more common now and in 5-10 years 1TB/month may not be that uncommon.