spc
uniqs
78204168 (banned)
join:2013-02-28

78204168 (banned) to EvdOSpeeD

to EvdOSpeeD

Re: Home Fusion disconnects

Click for full size
attached screen capture of the values you requested..
EvdOSpeeD
Premium Member
join:2009-04-18
Mount Airy, MD

EvdOSpeeD

Premium Member

Thanks for taking the time to post these values. I just wanted to compare my own to what you've got going on. My RSRP will fluctuate from -72 to -79 depending on time of day. RSRQ is -18 and SNR averages -20. I've also had the Forced IMS Disconnection issue at times. It doesn't happen everyday but it does happen. The explanation I received from VW was that it was for my protection. Usage protection........If I had a computer streaming data for 6 hours I would automatically disconnect. The thinking here is that I was streaming something I may not have wanted to which could cause me to go over my limit. Hehe, guess Verizon is looking out for me;).

But wait, there's more. The Forced IMS Disconnect happens when your connection is idle. Once you open a browser you automatically reconnect to the Internet.

So it's two fold. When your using data for 6 hours, you get booted from the tower. When your connection is idle for a while, you get booted from the tower. That's when I said "sounds like VW is releasing connections to open up opportunities for others". The reply was, "it could be a layer of protocol within the network".

Whatever the real reason is, it sure sounds like a work in progress VW is trying to fine tune.
78204168 (banned)
join:2013-02-28

78204168 (banned)

Forced IMS disconnection is done for our protection?!? That's a new one. Did they dig that out of their VZW collective arseholes?? LOL!

I don't want their protection if that's what they are calling it. If I want to stream audio or video I don't want it dropping connection in midstream to protect me..

The question I have is when it drops, why the hell does it take 10-15 mins for it to come back up? Another question I have is when it does get an IP address, why is the assigned IP address just one digit off from the assigned gateway IP??

I don't know what the big deal is, but you would think HF users would get a static IP instead of having to fight for an IP with other devices that most likely are just smartphones traveling through a cell site..

HF has been officially marketed for over a year now. If they wish to keep treating me like a damn guinea pig as a test subject, I'd like to get an auto discount of 50% while they work out the bugs..

$140 a month for 30GB is way too damn much for a internet connection and in my case my bill is usually always over $200 due to overages.

HF users should have bare minimum of 100GB data allowances. 30GB is a joke.. It's like giving me a firehose to fill up a 5 gallon bucket..