uniqs
share rss forum feed

icedcorn
IcedCorn
Premium
join:2007-07-08
Rochester, NH

Nesn+

I have TiVo series 4 (Premiere) with cable cards, in NH. None of my systems are doing NESNPlus (channel 727). It says the channel is not authorized.

I have called Metrocast twice and they say they have sent a refresh. but no luck. No other channels have this problem.

Now thanks to my "service assurance plan" someone will come out and check it out ...on Wednesday. Although this has been like this since April 4.

I'm beginning to think I may want to go DirecTV...

Anyone else having this problem with S4 Tivos and Nesn Plus HD? The standard def channel (77) is fine.

icedcorn
IcedCorn
Premium
Rochester, NH
Update:
Had a truck roll today. Which turned into 4 truck rolls.

I have a very clean coax now, but still no 727. Not sure what else to do now. Maybe DirecTV? Not sure

jrobert69
How High?
Premium
join:2001-05-19
Rochester, NH
We switched to direct tv a few years ago, unless they really ticked me off we wouldn't volunteer to go back. At that time it was comparing apples to sauteed tuna and a smooth Merlot.

Not a big fan of the apple
--
Spring at last

icedcorn
IcedCorn
Premium
Rochester, NH
Although they did fix the channel after 24 days, I gave up and switched to DirecTV.

My internet was off for four days as well.

I dropped off the cable cards, they wanted to know why and I explained that it should not have taken that long to resolve it and no other solutions were given -- no "we can give you a box to get buy until we get it fixed" or "here's a credit for your inconvenience" ...I was pretty disappointed

So, hopefully the internet will stay on when they put the filter on the pole to formally shut off video...

tenpin784
I Went To The Dark Side?

join:2001-03-30
Brierfield, AL
reply to icedcorn
Sorry to hear about your problems!

I am not minding the DirecTV either. Go figure though, right after I get it, they come out with the Genie, which would cost me an arm and half a leg to upgrade.
--
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.

Disclaimer: These are MY comments, my employer cant be held responsible.

icedcorn
IcedCorn
Premium
Rochester, NH
The genie is nice. although it's odd to have networked DVRs. I think they use some sort of Coax networking because they plugged in something into my router which has coax going into it. It's not MoCA..maybe DECA? Not sure.

tenpin784
I Went To The Dark Side?

join:2001-03-30
Brierfield, AL
reply to icedcorn
Yea, both my boxes are on the network too.

I do like the whole home DVR, but sometimes, just two tuners isn't enough!