djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

Cox TV Connect available for Android

As usual, must be played at home but does work on my nexus 4/7.

»play.google.com/store/ap ··· vconnect
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

What if you spoof your IP? I find it kinda useless if something like this doesn't work outside your home.

-Rob

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

don't know but when i had time warner in NC, it had the same rules. But, it wasn't that hard to setup a vpn server on my desktop and access it that way.

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
join:2009-07-08
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson to djdanska

Premium Member

to djdanska
As said above, the utter stupidity of not being able to use it outside the house is amazing. It blows my mind at times how restrictive technology can be for no actual reason other than screwing consumers for every last cent that they have

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

It very likely isn't up to Cox regarding remote viewing. It is why I still keep my Slingbox.
Rob_
Premium Member
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

am watching it now, the video is jerky. Slingbox seems to be a better alternative. Will look into that.

-Rob

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Slingbox is just pricy, in addition to the hardware the mobile apps are like $15. They used to be $30.
skeechan

skeechan to djdanska

Premium Member

to djdanska
Kinda sucks. Doesn't run full screen and with the menu bar the screen ratio isn't right. Vertically, the screen is squished. The ipad version of the app is way better. Hopefully they will keep working on it.
Rob_
Premium Member
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

The channel lineup is messed up too.

-Rob
kboxvegas4
join:2001-11-29
Las Vegas, NV

kboxvegas4 to djdanska

to djdanska
Works on the new HTC one as well as Nexus 7. Runs full screen on both. Should work with VPN as long as you are on wifi where you are at. I tried to VPN on carrier data and it threw a fit about wifi being turned off.
robertva
join:2012-12-19
Virginia Beach, VA

robertva to djdanska

to djdanska
My complaint is its refusal to allow me to watch TV over my "Essentials" internet connection. Standard def works fine when I watch HBO Go and YouTube on my tablet.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan to kboxvegas4

Premium Member

to kboxvegas4
I still have the OS's toolbar at the bottom which screws up the ratio. Same with my Xoom.