share rss forum feed

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4

Cox TV Connect available for Android

As usual, must be played at home but does work on my nexus 4/7.

»play.google.com/store/apps/detai···vconnect

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1

What if you spoof your IP? I find it kinda useless if something like this doesn't work outside your home.

-Rob

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4

don't know but when i had time warner in NC, it had the same rules. But, it wasn't that hard to setup a vpn server on my desktop and access it that way.

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
reply to djdanska

As said above, the utter stupidity of not being able to use it outside the house is amazing. It blows my mind at times how restrictive technology can be for no actual reason other than screwing consumers for every last cent that they have

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2

It very likely isn't up to Cox regarding remote viewing. It is why I still keep my Slingbox.
--
Nocchi rules.

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

am watching it now, the video is jerky. Slingbox seems to be a better alternative. Will look into that.

-Rob

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170

Slingbox is just pricy, in addition to the hardware the mobile apps are like $15. They used to be $30.
--
Nocchi rules.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
reply to djdanska

Kinda sucks. Doesn't run full screen and with the menu bar the screen ratio isn't right. Vertically, the screen is squished. The ipad version of the app is way better. Hopefully they will keep working on it.
--
Nocchi rules.

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

The channel lineup is messed up too.

-Rob

kboxvegas4

join:2001-11-29
Las Vegas, NV
reply to djdanska

Works on the new HTC one as well as Nexus 7. Runs full screen on both. Should work with VPN as long as you are on wifi where you are at. I tried to VPN on carrier data and it threw a fit about wifi being turned off.

robertva

join:2012-12-19
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to djdanska

My complaint is its refusal to allow me to watch TV over my "Essentials" internet connection. Standard def works fine when I watch HBO Go and YouTube on my tablet.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
reply to kboxvegas4

I still have the OS's toolbar at the bottom which screws up the ratio. Same with my Xoom.
--
Nocchi rules.