uniqs
computerman2
Premium Member
join:2002-04-20
Trenton, MI

computerman2

Premium Member

[Home Network] Ipv6 and At&t DSL

Does At&t use IPv6 on at&t dsl? if so is there a proper way to set it up with my Netgear 7550N Gateway Router with Windows 8 Pro 64bit

Like MTU setting and things like that, or anything I should know regarding that before I set it up...currently IPv6 is turned off in Windows 8 Pro 64bit here, was causing me to get banned from a forum lol

Thank you all in advance

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by computerman2:

Does At&t use IPv6 on at&t dsl? if so is there a proper way to set it up with my Netgear 7550N Gateway Router with Windows 8 Pro 64bit

AT&T currently is using a 6rd gateway for IPv6 implementation for U-verse customers, but I don't think that it is generally available to ATM based DSL customers. I know that prior to my apartment manager's DSL connection being converted from an ATM DSL circuit to an IPDSL U-verse circuit (I maintain the office network), I tried to use their 6rd relay, but I could not connect to it.

Here are a few screen shots from the NVG510 that show the IPv6 implementation for that U-verse gateway (basically the only customer control is an on/off switch). I don't have access to a Netgear 7550N Gateway Router to look at its config pages, but I don't think that it natively supports IPv6, but perhaps someone who is familiar with that box can provide a definitive answer. Possibly if you put your Netgear 7550N Gateway Router into bridge mode and use an external router that supports 6rd, you may (or may not) be able to get AT&T's pseudo dual stack to work by pointing to AT&T's 6rd relay and using their 6rd DNS servers.

computerman2
Premium Member
join:2002-04-20
Trenton, MI

computerman2

Premium Member

Thank you for replying anyways, really appreciate it, I do know IPV6 was reason for my ban from Avast forums recently, I have since turned it off in Windows 8 Pro 64bit here

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
Linksys E4200
ARRIS SB6141

aefstoggaflm

Premium Member

said by computerman2:

Thank you for replying anyways, really appreciate it, I do know IPV6 was reason for my ban from Avast forums recently, I have since turned it off in Windows 8 Pro 64bit here

More than likely, they banned the IPv4 Address (not the IPv6 Address).