Buy a block of static IP addresses. Setup RDNS. »attis-dns.sbcglobal.net/

fukitol
Solon for President
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
PonziWorld

fukitol

Premium Member

At the top of the page behind that link is a note stating that the form is for non-Uverse DSL customers only. At the bottom of the page is a number for Uverse customers to call instead.
tamhas
join:2005-04-22
Champaign, IL

tamhas to Forosnai

to Forosnai
said by Forosnai:

Buy a block of static IP addresses. Setup RDNS. »attis-dns.sbcglobal.net/

I manage my own DNS at Zoneedit. It is only the reverse DNS that AT&T provides. They have set up reverse DNS for the statics I have, but that does me no good unless I can get port 25 open.

And, as noted, I'm not sure it will do any good since it is the reverse DNS of the outbound IP I need to change.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO

ILpt4U

Premium Member

If you have Business Class U-Verse, you have to call Tech Support, ask for Tier 2, and ask for the Port 25 block to be removed

Port 25 is blocked by default on U-Verse. Business Class customers can have the block removed via Tech Support
tamhas
join:2005-04-22
Champaign, IL

tamhas

Done that. They claim it is not blocked, but a port scan says otherwise. 108.247.228.121 is the IP in question.

My current contact is the Tier 2 supervisor. FWIW

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U

Premium Member

Weird

I usually have pretty good luck getting Port 25 opened for business customers when requested

If it continues to be an issue, might consider an AT&T Direct forum post and/or shoot off an email to uversecare@att.com - David and/or the Social Media Support team is pretty good at diving into issues beyond regular Tech Support (with major kudos to David »/profi ··· e/637748 )

»AT&T Direct