join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON

lutful to 54067323

Premium Member

to 54067323

Re: Wire Size

said by 54067323:

said by lutful:

I understand electricians use rigid galvanized steel pipe outdoors because it is much cheaper and does the job.

Who said anything about using rigid?

Does NEC allow non-UV coated flexible metal conduit for 100ft outdoor application? What section should I check?
54067323 (banned)
join:2012-09-25
Tuscaloosa, AL

54067323 (banned)

said by lutful:

Does NEC allow non-UV coated flexible metal conduit for 100ft outdoor application? What section should I check?

The answer to that question is somewhere between chapter one and nine of the NEC, when you find it let me know.
lutful
... of ideas
Premium Member
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON

lutful

Premium Member

said by 54067323:

said by lutful:

The answer to that question is somewhere between chapter one and nine of the NEC, when you find it let me know.

Can one of the forum electricians just post some links to inexpensive flexible metal conduits with sunlight resistant cool white paint that can be used for 100ft/100A outdoor run? The thread needs closure and I really do not have motivation to look up all the answers.

This is my very last post on anything electrical in this forum. Good riddance to me. Enjoy the peace and quiet.

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6

Premium Member

said by lutful:

Can one of the forum electricians just post some links to inexpensive flexible metal conduits with sunlight resistant cool white paint that can be used for 100ft/100A outdoor run?

Most jurisdictions don't allow the use of LFMC in that manner.