spc
Search similar:

uniqs
DGGSLF
join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA

DGGSLF

[HDMI] HDMI-CEC support on 7100/7232 boxes

I have a Samsung TV and Blue-ray player and using their Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) to control both, so I just use the TV remote and not both.

However, in trying to determine if the 7100 or 7232 Motorola boxes support HDMI-CEC, I can't seem to find any data listed on the spec sheet or their website. Has anyone been able to use this HDMI-CEC technology with these STBs?

I know I can get a Logitech universal remote but I'm trying to see what can be supported using this industry standard, without purchasing another remote for this guest room.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by DGGSLF:

I have a Samsung TV and Blue-ray player and using their Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) to control both, so I just use the TV remote and not both.

However, in trying to determine if the 7100 or 7232 Motorola boxes support HDMI-CEC, I can't seem to find any data listed on the spec sheet or their website. Has anyone been able to use this HDMI-CEC technology with these STBs?

I know I can get a Logitech universal remote but I'm trying to see what can be supported using this industry standard, without purchasing another remote for this guest room.

I've used the HDMI control process to control the power for my Panasonic plasma TV and Denon receiver with a pass-through using for the receiver. But I found it cumbersome versus programming the FiOS remote to do the same functions.
DGGSLF
Lynn, MA

DGGSLF

I guess I don't understand your reply. Were you able to control the STB using the Panasonic TV's remote control? That's what HDMI-CEC allows for. If you were able to do it, where/how do you enable HDMI-CEC on the 7100 or 7232 STBs? That's really my question.
UnnDunn
Premium Member
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY

UnnDunn to DGGSLF

Premium Member

to DGGSLF
said by DGGSLF:

Motorola boxes do not support HDMI-CEC in any way, shape or form.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL to DGGSLF

to DGGSLF
said by DGGSLF:

I guess I don't understand your reply. Were you able to control the STB using the Panasonic TV's remote control? That's what HDMI-CEC allows for. If you were able to do it, where/how do you enable HDMI-CEC on the 7100 or 7232 STBs? That's really my question.

When enabled, turning on the STB also turned on the receiver and the TV.
DGGSLF
Lynn, MA

DGGSLF to UnnDunn

to UnnDunn
Thanks UnnDunn. It looks like PJL gave me a conflicting response, suggesting that he got it to work, though he did not really answer the specifics about the "where/how".