join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA
Netgear CG3000DCR
ZyXEL P-663HN-51

leibold to jdvmax

MVM

to jdvmax

Re: Briggs motor on Sensation mower hard to pull enough to start

In the list of the things you did already I'm missing one of the most obvious items for an engine that sat unused for a long time: cleaning the carburetor and checking that gas reaches the combustion chamber.

Chances are that it is so obvious you just didn't mention it but otherwise it is one more thing to do/check.

jdvmax
@rr.com

jdvmax

Anon

I haven't actually cleaned the carb. I guess I was 'trying' to avoid that if possible, because I haven't done it before. I did put new gas in. I will attempt to clean it. Can I ask though if that would cause the symptoms I am seeing with the pull start? It doesn't seem like it would. It only seems that the tarred up carb might keep it from getting enough gas to start, if I could pull the starter chord sufficiently.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by jdvmax :

I haven't actually cleaned the carb. I guess I was 'trying' to avoid that if possible, because I haven't done it before. I did put new gas in. I will attempt to clean it. Can I ask though if that would cause the symptoms I am seeing with the pull start? It doesn't seem like it would. It only seems that the tarred up carb might keep it from getting enough gas to start, if I could pull the starter chord sufficiently.

It is not likely to start without a blade. I think you are just wasting your time until you address the blade.

mityfowl
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX

mityfowl to jdvmax

Premium Member

to jdvmax
said by jdvmax :

Man you have to do the most basic things.

Then get back with us.