how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

grandmaya

join:2013-04-21
Los Alamos, NM

[Qwest] Help: DSL Keeps Dropping Out Qwest/CenturyLink service

Something has happened to my DSL Network. I have an Actiontec PK5000 modem. The problem only started Monday. It has been so bad, that on Thursday I switched out the modem with another Actiontec PK5000 modem I had (which was a little newer). Unfortunately, I still have the same problem that my network keeps dropping out and when it's up it is very slow. But mostly it is down. I have a pull down option on my computer screen to select available wireless networks and when I pull it down to see my network status, it keeps flashing "looking for network"s, then it will show OK on my network, then it flashes again "looking for network", this is happening 24/7. I have not added or changed anything to the network this week to have caused this problem. In the Qwest Modem Configuration Actiontec PK5000 web page, under the Connection Status area it has an indicator bar and shows the arrow in the red. Wouldn't that indicate that my connection status has a definite problem? I was thinking of attaching a Netgear wireless n router to the modem (which has a router in it) to see if I could help this situation. Do you recommend that I do this? If so, could you assist me in how my settings should be on my modem and on my router? Qwest/CenturyLink fix the line, because I believe the problem lies with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. What I would really appreciate is having

DSL Guru

@qwest.net

Re: [Qwest] Help: DSL Keeps Dropping Out Qwest/CenturyLink servi

I experienced similar problems with the Actiontec PK5000 modem! In my case, the modem became unusable after less than 2 years of service!

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7
reply to grandmaya
Hi,

Sorry to hear about the connection issues you are having we are happy to help. Please send us your account & contact numbers via TalkToUs@Centurylink.com

Thanks,

Corey Tidwell
Centurylink Help Team
TalkToUs@Centurylink.com