kudos:1

Where can I find this type of bowl?

I can't seem to find it online

dandelion
Premium,MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN
kudos:5

Search in handicapped sites...a lot carry bowls and plates with different edges like that.

ttiiggy
Premium
join:2001-03-27
Bozeman, MT
reply to Subaru

Is there a name on the bottom?
Correlle, Porcelain...

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

said by ttiiggy:

Is there a name on the bottom?
Correlle, Porcelain...

I wish it was that easy.. just says made in Portugal it is porcelain

dandelion
Premium,MVM
Germantown, TN
reply to Subaru

Ahhh, sorry, didn't realize by the picture it was larger. Except for searching for serving dish.. porcelain don't have a clue except to tell you my Mom had one of those. Not sure they are made anymore.

Mr Neutron
Ceaseless, Tasteless, and Gormless
Premium
join:2005-05-30
Gorham, ME
reply to Subaru

To clarify: does the replacement bowl have to look exactly like your existing one?

Or do you simply need "a bowl" for a certain type of task and would prefer to replace it with a bowl similar to the one you've already got, but the replacement bowl isn't required to be similar?

Man, I can't find anything on eBay like the once you've got.
--
Male Announcer: "The red zone has always been for loading and unloading. There's never stopping in a white zone."

Female Announcer: "Don't tell me which zone is for stopping and which zone is for loading!"

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

Yeah it has to look like the existing one this is the last one out of a set we had.. I broke the others.. I've been checking on and off for like 2 years now with no luck at all.

kontos
xyzzy

join:2001-10-04
West Henrietta, NY

I'd try looking at »www.replacements.com/.
Without the name of the manufacturer or pattern; good luck

raster44

join:2003-09-07
Niagara Falls, NY
reply to Subaru

Be Intelligent and just by a new set of bowls that meet your needs. It just looks like a typical serving dish.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

said by raster44:

Be Intelligent and just by a new set of bowls that meet your needs. It just looks like a typical serving dish.

I would if I could find a bowl just like this.. I have no problem finding normal sized bowls but this one is smaller and for some reason my family member is attached to it.

Mr Neutron
Premium
Gorham, ME

said by Subaru:

said by raster44:

I would if I could find a bowl just like this.. I have no problem finding normal sized bowls but this one is smaller and for some reason my family member is attached to it.

The only suggestion I can make, seeing as how the only three things known about the object in question are that it is a) a bowl, b) made of porcelain, and, c) made in portugal, is to do an eBay search including auction title and description for "porcelain bowl portugal" (without quotes):

»www.ebay.com/dsc/i.html?_nkw=por···R2&_ipg=

The above search comes up with 457 results, which sounds like a lot, but you can probably run through them in 20 minutes or so (10 pages of 50 results per page @ ~2 minutes a page), since most of the results don't look anything like your pure white bowl. Maybe save the search under your My eBay/saved searches and run it a couple of times a week?

(Depending. I'm not clear on just how fond you are of this family member.)

I sure wish I knew what else to tell you. I know what it's like when a family member gets attached to a favourite something-or-other and only another one exactly like the existing one will do.
--
Male Announcer: "The red zone has always been for loading and unloading. There's never stopping in a white zone."

Female Announcer: "Don't tell me which zone is for stopping and which zone is for loading!"

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

said by Mr Neutron:

said by Subaru:

said by raster44:

The only suggestion I can make, seeing as how the only three things known about the object in question are that it is a) a bowl, b) made of porcelain, and, c) made in portugal, is to do an eBay search including auction title and description for "porcelain bowl portugal" (without quotes):

»www.ebay.com/dsc/i.html?_nkw=por···R2&_ipg=

The above search comes up with 457 results, which sounds like a lot, but you can probably run through them in 20 minutes or so (10 pages of 50 results per page @ ~2 minutes a page), since most of the results don't look anything like your pure white bowl. Maybe save the search under your My eBay/saved searches and run it a couple of times a week?

(Depending. I'm not clear on just how fond you are of this family member.)

I sure wish I knew what else to tell you. I know what it's like when a family member gets attached to a favourite something-or-other and only another one exactly like the existing one will do.

Wow only 50 per page :P I do 200 to cut down on changing pages.

If I can't find it I'm going to have to find another type but most are rice bowl sized which I have a lot of those that I haven't broke yet
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!

Mr Neutron
Premium
Gorham, ME

said by Subaru:

I know, I know: displaying 200 results per page makes for quicker searching.

However, 50 results per page is the default and, frankly, I just can't be arsed to click on the "200" link.

Getting back to your bowl: the only thing it says on the bottom is "Made in Portugal"? Nothing else?

If so, do you have other bowls/pieces from the same set that might have something more in the way of information on the bottom (e.g. a manufacturer's name or pattern)?

I'm thinking that the information on the bottom of this one bowl may have come off after repeated washings, but that the other bowls/pieces from the same set you have on hand (if any) could yield more in the way of clues if they were used less often.
--

Strange Data

join:2012-08-25
reply to Subaru

Diameter? Height?

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:4
reply to Subaru

Based on the handles, it looks like a chamber pot. Be sure to search under that heading as well.

old_tech
Premium
join:2013-03-31
Springfield, IL
reply to Subaru

Looks like an everyday serving dish. Pyrex, etc. They can e found at Goodwill, Wally-world, Target, TJMax, grocery store.

You name it, it is as common as a stop sign at every corner.

dandelion
Premium,MVM
Germantown, TN
reply to Subaru

Searching for pyrex, this is the closest I could find:»www.etsy.com/market/pyrex_servin···ting_tag

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to Mr Neutron

said by Mr Neutron:

said by Subaru:

I know, I know: displaying 200 results per page makes for quicker searching.

However, 50 results per page is the default and, frankly, I just can't be arsed to click on the "200" link.

Getting back to your bowl: the only thing it says on the bottom is "Made in Portugal"? Nothing else?

If so, do you have other bowls/pieces from the same set that might have something more in the way of information on the bottom (e.g. a manufacturer's name or pattern)?

I'm thinking that the information on the bottom of this one bowl may have come off after repeated washings, but that the other bowls/pieces from the same set you have on hand (if any) could yield more in the way of clues if they were used less often.

It could of come off in washing since I've had it for about 10-13 years.. it's the last bowl so no others to compare to When I get back I will take a picture on the underside.
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:9
reply to Subaru

How big is this actually?

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to Subaru

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
I took more pictures of the bowl and the underside.

It's the one on the left.

dmagerl
Premium
join:2007-08-06
Woodstock, IL
reply to Subaru

»www.alibaba.com/product-gs/28845···ars.html

All you need to do is buy 5000 of them.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

said by dmagerl:

Don't you hate that crap?

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

said by Subaru:

said by dmagerl:

Don't you hate that crap?

You have a problem with that?
--
Printed on 100% recycled bytes

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

lol It's just that really hard to find stuff when you do finally find it you need to buy a bunch of them.

btw I just found out she got the bowls from Linen N Things

kinda close

»www.lnt.com/product/soup-bowls/1···-wt.html

but what the heck I'm not paying that for just one!

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

said by Subaru:

lol It's just that really hard to find stuff when you do finally find it you need to buy a bunch of them.

Nice place but it would be great IF they still had it.
--
Printed on 100% recycled bytes

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

said by jadinolf:

said by Subaru:

Nice place but it would be great IF they still had it.

Just posted a link

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:9

So, what's so appealing about a bowl with ears?

Nightwing
This is it boys,this is war
Premium
join:2002-04-08
CT
reply to Subaru

Here is a close one.

»www.batemanbrothers.co.uk/porcel···cl-.html
--
"America's moral fabric is thinner than a pair of Lululemon yoga pants." -- Stephen Colbert

tp0d
yabbazooie
Premium
join:2001-02-13
Carnegie, PA

1 edit
reply to Subaru

u seen this one?

»www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=···from=R40

hmm it -has- to be porcelain? hmm

-j
--
if it aint broke, tweak it!!
currently on FiOS (kick aZZ!)

Mr Neutron
Premium
Gorham, ME

said by tp0d:

u seen this one?

»www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=···from=R40

hmm it -has- to be porcelain? hmm

-j

Is that what those projections on the OP's bowl are called? "Cinderella handles"?
--