uniqs

humanfilth
join:2013-02-14
river styx

2 edits

humanfilth to Wilma dG

to Wilma dG

Re: [Cable] hotmail/outlook closed when switched ISP from Bell

I may be wrong here, but was there ever a prompt when using Hotmail asking you to convert it to Bell/Sympatico hotmail?

Your hotmail would still appear the same but it would be tied into your Bell account.
Or else Bell hijacked your account at some point, because of a 'glitch'. You stated that 2-3 years ago it suddenly had a Bell logos.

Try Whatever 'abuse' contacts that Hotmail has and state that your ISP stole/hijacked your independent Hotmail account.

Login page for Hotmail with Bell logos.
»www.bell.ca/bellmail

Regular Hotmail login page
»login.live.com
Wilma dG
join:2013-04-18

Wilma dG

I don't remember ever being asked to convert to Bell/Sympatico Hotmail but maybe I did inadvertently click on the "agree" box at some point after getting a document that made it seem like you had no choice. I know I wouldn't have "knowingly" done that because I like the idea of having the same email address forever (which is why I stayed with Hotmail through the early years, before they improved their spam filters etc). What you're suggesting makes total sense. That must have been what happened.
Sorry for the long delay in reading your post. I haven'\t linked up my new email account onto the phone so am checking email the old fashioned way.
I will try your suggestions next time I have a block of time. Incredible how much time this all takes. Thanks!! Everyone!!

TSI Pierre
Premium Member
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Pierre

Premium Member

Hi Wilma dG,

I've seen this problem before and I've seen it where Microsoft will tell you that it's a Bell problem and Bell will tell you it's a Microsoft problem. The solution came from a Microsoft associate who said that Bell needed to release the Hotmail account. That's what fixed it, after several conversations with the bell tech's they released the account back to a plain hotmail account and no longer a bell/hotmail account.
Wilma dG
join:2013-04-18

Wilma dG

I think you and "Human Filth" (see above) are onto something. Thanks very much for the tips. Next day off I will once again get on the phone with Bell. At least now I can point them in the right direction. Thanks!!
Wilma