MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber to JAH_PGH

MVM

to JAH_PGH

Re: TiVo confusion

said by JAH_PGH:

I don't need the wireless adapters. Instead, I need the MoCA adapters which will allow the TV signal and network connectivity to run through a single COAX cable (to each TiVo). This will allow the TiVo's to share content with each other and also receive the TiVo updates and guide data etc.
Correct?

Correct.
JAH_PGH
join:2009-09-28
Pittsburgh, PA

JAH_PGH

said by More Fiber:

said by JAH_PGH:

I don't need the wireless adapters. Instead, I need the MoCA adapters which will allow the TV signal and network connectivity to run through a single COAX cable (to each TiVo). This will allow the TiVo's to share content with each other and also receive the TiVo updates and guide data etc.
Correct?

Correct.

Wait - I'll need 3 adapters according to this:
»www.tivo.com/mytivo/howt ··· oca.html
1 for the router and 1 for each TiVo

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

No, you don't need one for the router. The Actiontec has two built-in MOCA adapters. One for WAN and one for LAN.

edit: The Tivo Howtos don't assume that you have FIOS with a MOCA capable router.
JAH_PGH
join:2009-09-28
Pittsburgh, PA

JAH_PGH

said by More Fiber:

No, you don't need one for the router. The Actiontec has two built-in MOCA adapters. One for WAN and one for LAN.

edit: The Tivo Howtos don't assume that you have FIOS with a MOCA capable router.

Whew - this was starting to get exponentially more and more expensive!
Thank you Fiber!

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

1 edit

Mike Wolf to JAH_PGH

to JAH_PGH
said by JAH_PGH:

said by More Fiber:

said by JAH_PGH:

Correct?

Correct.

Wait - I'll need 3 adapters according to this:
»www.tivo.com/mytivo/howt ··· oca.html
1 for the router and 1 for each TiVo

Makes sense for a cable provider but yeah like they said if your router already is creating the MoCA network then you just need to adapters on the TiVo side (if they don't have it built in)