Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON
reply to mikeylbl

Re: Rogers worried?

+1. Shredded. Screw Rogers. I don't believe a word of their offers and will never use them as my ISP again.

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

i would say based on My experience today which i will detail later they are worried.
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

Balin

join:2013-04-24

I cancelled my Rogers service last week with a termination date of May 31st. I have received a callback, Friday, Sunday and Tuesday this week.

Its the same story, they are worried want to retain my business but cannot come close on price to TSI.

I think they are worried but will not do anything $$$$ wise to compete.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

said by Balin:

According to a recent Rogers CRTC submission 65% of Rogers business (and profits) are derived from their Wireless services. If memory serves only 10% is derived from internet, 10% phone and 15% cable Tv. This internet thing is just a minor detail in the grand scheme of Rogers business interests.

Rogers is, however, competing with Teksavvy internet price rates (not on caps though). Call them up and tell them your Internet bill is too high and Rogers will give 25% off for a year. My 25/2 is $39/month now. When the year is up I'll rinse and repeat.

vincom

join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON
kudos:1
reply to Balin

i cancelled my rogers unlimited 25/2 71+tx for 6mnth price , they said they can make it for 12mnths, i said why if i can get tsi for $40 . thats all they offered me so i cancelled

FTTHTechie

@axxent.ca
reply to morisato

said by morisato:

i would say based on My experience today which i will detail later they are worried.

Haven't heard anything about that experience since you originally posted.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

1 edit
reply to Balin

said by Balin:

Its the same story, they are worried want to retain my business but cannot come close on price to TSI.

They could compete no problem. They just chose not to. There are enough sheep over there that will pay and even make up for the lost customers with higher rates.