spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Tekki

join:2007-03-22

[Rant] Data Usage Charges

Seriously. People need to start operating their own point - to - point wireless .. let your neighbor connect to you.. he lets someone connect to him.. etc. Time to give these internet companies a little competition. They are overcharging already for data.. I mean c'mon.. molecules...

This charging on the amount of data used is going to bring about price increases across the board. Physician offices will increase your bill because their data access has just gone up in cost. Ditto for hospitals, restaurants, car repair etc., If the people pay it, the companies will keep raising the price.

Soon, if you make under 20.00 dollars an hour, internet access will be priced out of your reach.. forget the grade school kids logging on at home.. it will be too expensive.

I can't see a price increase, or measure by the molecule ..so to speak.. with such crappy service in the first place. Sneeze, and the lights go out.. I mean c'mon, stop over selling the servers. Give us good reasons to want to pay more...

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
It may surprise you but while the price may be high from a residential user point of view - many business are able to save a ton with these data plans.

Think: all those small mom and pop or doctors offices using a pots or ISDN line for the credit card machine @ around $70 a month.
--
Add a signature here

chamberc
Premium
join:2008-08-05
Irving, TX
reply to Tekki
said by Tekki:

Seriously. People need to start operating their own point - to - point wireless .. let your neighbor connect to you.. he lets someone connect to him.. etc. Time to give these internet companies a little competition. They are overcharging already for data.. I mean c'mon.. molecules...

This charging on the amount of data used is going to bring about price increases across the board. Physician offices will increase your bill because their data access has just gone up in cost. Ditto for hospitals, restaurants, car repair etc., If the people pay it, the companies will keep raising the price.

Soon, if you make under 20.00 dollars an hour, internet access will be priced out of your reach.. forget the grade school kids logging on at home.. it will be too expensive.

I can't see a price increase, or measure by the molecule ..so to speak.. with such crappy service in the first place. Sneeze, and the lights go out.. I mean c'mon, stop over selling the servers. Give us good reasons to want to pay more...

Feel free to start your own service. That's what makes America great!
Expand your moderator at work